Mama melrose!!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by erv1216, May 4, 2010.

1. erv1216

erv1216 Mouseketeer

Thanks for all who previously answered my questions about Mama Melrose. We just got back from out trip. We had reservations for Friday! I was a bit hesitant because of all the mixed reviews! I went, with really no high expectations! I had heard about the food, the service, and what not! But let me tell you that I LOVE IT! I ordered the Chicken Parm like most of you suggested and it was delicious!!!! LOVED IT! We had reservations at 1:10pm, we arrived at 12:45 and were seated within 5 minutes! The waitress came right away, ordered our drinks and was back very quick! The service was EXCELLENT!!! And again my food was great, however my DH did not like what he ordered. Dont know the exact name, but it was pasta with sausage! It was cooked with so much cooking wine, that I can smell it across the table! I had warned him to get the same as me, since that is what you guys told me, but he didnt listen! Overall, I had a great experience and i will definetely be going back;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

So glad you enjoyed MM! It's a favorite of ours.

4. ROEDISNEY

ROEDISNEY DIS Veteran My name

So glad you had a great experience.

5. nytimez

nytimez Nihilist

I never understood the mixed reviews. I've honestly never had a bad meal there.

6. Cat0727

Cat0727 DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed it! We love it there :)

7. LilGMom

LilGMom <font color=red>It makes me want to Kiss on the li

Glad you enjoyed it! We've always had wonderful dining experiences there and try to make sure we eat there at least once each trip. Looking forward to it in less than a month. :thumbsup2

8. LowesChevy

LowesChevy The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vi

Glad to hear you had a nice lunch. That is when we usually go and it has been great as well.

9. Tam1067

Tam1067 LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

I'm glad you liked it. We've always had good meals there, and we'll be back in July.

10. mommyaof2

mommyaof2 DIS Veteran

This is on our list for our next trip! Thanks for the review.

11. goldielocksraj

goldielocksraj Anxiously awaiting deluxe birthday trip!

So glad that you had a good meal! ;) I know Mama Melrose's has gotten pretty mixed reviews, but my one meal there was fabulous! For anyone else considering this restaurant-my sister and I both compared the food to Olive Garden. In fact, she said the minstrone soup was almost the same.

12. jdisnut

jdisnut DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you had such a good experience. My family likes Mama Melrose's, too!

13. TreslovesWDW

TreslovesWDW DIS Veteran

Glad to hear. We will be trying this for the first time our next trip. I was feeling the same way reading the reviews, but thought I would try it anyway. If it is like Olive Garden then thats fine because that is my fav place to eat anyways..lol

14. jdisnut

jdisnut DIS Veteran

It's always nice to read some positive feedback on the boards. Everybody is so quick to criticize restaurants. Not many return from their trips to post praise!

I also like Mama Melrose's, and I remember telling you as much in your original thread. Thanks for reporting back!

15. SnowWhite33

SnowWhite33 DIS Veteran

This is good news! We have tried it twice and were not impressed either time-lousy service and lousy food.

This year we are giving it one more chance because of the Fantasmic! dining package-I'm warning everyone to just get Chicken Parm since that's what gets the good ratings :rotfl:

16. carone0318

carone0318 Disney-aholic, can't get enough of this place!!!

I just want to add that I always get the Penne Alla Vodka and it has never done me wrong. ;)

17. disneygal55

disneygal55 DIS Veteran

We went to MM last October for my DH's birthday. I liked my meal...some kind of chicken alfredo dish...but my DH hated his dish. I think he had the same kind of sausage and pasta dish that you DH ordered. It had a DARK red sauce that my husband absolutely hated. He is a big pasta and sauce lover and he ate only a few bites. I felt bad because it was his birthday meal. A person in our party had the chicken parm which she really loved so I guess this is the dish to get. The minestrone soup was good too.

18. Chee Chick

Chee Chick DIS Veteran

My family had a great experience at Mama Melrose. I'm glad you did, too! :)

19. KYCruiseCrazy

KYCruiseCrazy <font color=blue>I'll be drooling and dreaming<br>

We love Mama's. Great food and wonderful place to eat at before either Fantasmic or Osbourne lights:goodvibes

20. PiperGirlInWondrland

PiperGirlInWondrland DIS Veteran

Glad you liked it! We are trying it in Aug for the fantasmic pkg for the first time. I will go for the chicken parm! :thumbsup2

21. Simba22

Simba22 DIS Veteran

Glad you liked it! We love Mama's...the only complaint we have is that they removed the Artisan Bread appetizer from the menu! I wish they would bring it back for our upcoming trip in October!

Just an FYI - the Flatbread Pizzas and the steak are REALLY good too!