1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Mama Melrose vs. Via Napoli

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by danceintherain, Jan 19, 2013.

1. alex9179

alex9179 DIS Veteran

Yes! Save it for next time. We had a wonderful meal at VN (pizza!) but our server, Andrea, really made the experience special. He was so personable and engaging, and made an effort to spend time entertaining the kids. They loved him!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JennaDeeDooDah

JennaDeeDooDah My oh my what a wonderful day!

Not to get all "Spelling police", but you misspelled Wild Mushroom flatbread.;)

In all seriousness, this poster is right that that flatbread is very amazing. I have loved all of the flatbreads at Mama's, though. I'm biased, of course, as Mama's is very special to my husband and me, but I have yet to have a bad meal there.

4. tb1972

tb1972 DIS Veteran

Via pizza is great! I don't think you could go wrong there.

5. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Yes I agree! Its no contest really. Via is where its at. The most amazing pizza in Disney! :thumbsup2

6. rgf207

rgf207 DIS Veteran

Mama Melrose = The worst meal we've ever had at Disney. I think they just dump a pound of salt in everything and try to pass it off as italian food

Via Napoli = One of the best meals we've had. The pizza is delicious and the Arancini appetizer is delicious.

7. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

Perfect description of both places. We really liked both. At MM we had lunch, table for two, and got a caesar salad and the cold antipasto. It was pretty authentic and very yummy. The antipasto was great cured meats and cheeses, and some nice marinated mushrooms. At Via we had dinner, we shared a shrimp caesar salad and a margherita pizza. The casear salad was $22. I was a little shocked at the price, but it was big enough for 2. We liked our experience at Via a lot. Our server was fun, and the zeppole were amazing! It was very loud though.

8. danceintherain

danceintherain DIS Veteran

Extra salt is actually a perk for us. ;) DH has a condition that is remedied by a high salt intake.

I really do want to try Via Napoli, I just don't think it will fit into our trip this year. We're only doing 4 days in the parks (AFS tickets) and I doubt we'll spend more than a half day at Epcot. It's good to know that everyone seems to love it though. That will make the decision easier when I actually make it there.

9. rgf207

rgf207 DIS Veteran

You should be just fine there because I think salt is the main ingredient for everything at MM :)

10. angelbear425

angelbear425 Mouseketeer

Via Napoli hands down.

11. DVCMikey

DVCMikey DIS Veteran

I have to say that I like both of these resturants. We trid Via Napolli on our last trip.

Mama's has a cool place, and sometimes they send in people pretending to be hollywood directors or starlets and they walk around and talk with guests.

I really love the pizza at via. We have great pizza here in NJ, but the pizza there had such a great taste. They also have some good menu items

I like them both, if you have never tried Via, I would try it.

12. tink_n_pooh

tink_n_pooh <font color=darkorchid>my TP isn't going anywhere.

I like both, I don't think you can go wrong either way. If you haven't tried Via give it a try. And I agree with the PP who said MM is more like NJ/NY Italian food while Via is more like "real" Italian food