Mama Melrose Question

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by stayhomemom77, Jan 8, 2013.

1. stayhomemom77

stayhomemom77 Dieting my way to Disney!!

I am really not a fan of the quick service pizza at Disney. But my kids love Pizza Planet so we generally find ourselves having dinner there every time we enter DHS.

I checked out the menu at Mama Melrose and thought going there for dinner and ordering their flatbreads might be a better option. It's obviously going to cost a little more than Pizza Planet, but I'm hoping the pizzas are infinitely better at MM.

To anyone who has ordered the flatbreads at Mama Melrose, would you say my hopes are founded on facts? Is the pizza better there than at Pizza Planet?

TIA!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jessica527

Jessica527 Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

I have had both, the flat breads are thin and made with a different type of sauce then Pizza Planet. I personally would choose Pizza planet on the top of my list!

4. Cat0727

Cat0727 DIS Veteran

The flatbreads at Mama Melrose are really good. I say go for it (their pastas and desserts are delicious, too!) :thumbsup2

5. disnmooner2013

disnmooner2013 DIS Veteran

I agree with Mama Melroses. The flat breads are good and you will enjoy it more.

6. VACamm

VACamm DIS Veteran

Another vote for Mama Melroses!

7. thewishfire

thewishfire DIS Veteran

Definitely Mama Melrose. I was skeptical the first time we at there, but ended up really enjoying it. I had a flatbread last time, and it was very good.

8. mbuch626

mbuch626 Earning My Ears

We had lunch there yesterday, and the flatbread was great. It's very thin, so keep that in mind--if you like a thicker crust it may not be your thing. With that said, we love super thin crust, so it was perfect for our family.

9. stayhomemom77

stayhomemom77 Dieting my way to Disney!!

Sweet! Thanks so much for the replies!

Yes, I love thin crust which is why I was thinking about proposing this plan to the family in the first place.

It never takes much to talk DH into doing TS over QS and the kids would eat pizza on a daily basis if I let them so no worries there!

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

10. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Not even a close decision - the flat breads at MM are much better than the "pizza" at Pizza Planet.

11. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

DH loves the flatbreads at MM! I say go for it.

12. Mariep26

Mariep26 DIS Veteran

We were impressed with MM all around and I particularly enjoyed the flatbread pizzas!