Mama Melrose F! or Brown Derby

IncredibleboysMom

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a wonderful Thanksgiving trip with the kids. DH and I are returning marathon weekend (he's the runner) alone. We splurged on DxDP with the agreement that we would eat places we wouldn't typically go with kids. His favorite thing on Disney property is Fantasmic, and the only show is the night after he runs the marathon. I booked a F! package at MM for lunch because we are having a late dinner at Citricos. We've been to MM before and liked it, but we have a dining credit unaccounted for, and I was wondering if we shouldn't try the Brown Derby. We would never go there with our boys. I guess the bottom line is whether or not we will really need that preferred seating for Fantasmic in Jan. What'cha think?

Thanks!

I don't know whether you will need preferred seating for Fantasmic in January, but I say if you have the chance (and credits) to do HBD, do it! MM is someplace you might take your kids to, but HBD is much more adult - I think you'll enjoy that much more, F! package or not.

Fantasmic is crowded, even in January.

We have done the Brown Derby Fantasmic package several times and we've always been very happy with the meal. Since we eat at Brown Derby anyway, it's a no brainer to do the package.

I agree with the others and go to HBD because it is a 2 credit/signature status restaurant. We personally have never eaten there before because my kids are very picky eaters, but if it was just DH and I, we would eat there in an instant. We have a MM F package for lunch booked for May, which we do really like MM, but MM has more of a family atmosphere with Italian dishes that most kids like anyways. So for your situation go with HBD :goodvibes

We're doing the F! package at Mama Melrose the same day with little kids + grandparents, but in your situation I would totally switch to the Brown Derby.

Brown Derby hands down. We did MM last week and were not impressed. Brown Derby has always met expectations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter