mall across from DTD?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by momto2greatgirls, Feb 27, 2008.

1. momto2greatgirls

momto2greatgirls Earning My Ears

Hi, DH came home yesterday saying someone at work told him there was a "new mall" across from DTD? I don't know why we'd go there but since we're driving and staying off site I thought I'd ask what it was called and what's there.
    thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jason71

Jason71 Brother to pirates and corsairs...

There's no mall "across from DTD". Crossroads is across the street from the gate that leads to DTD, but (a) it's not new, and (b) it's more of a shopping plaza--an overpriced supermarket, a couple little stores, and a lot of restaurants.

The Orlando Premium Outlet Mall is not far from DTD, but it's still a 5-10 minute drive, and isn't really "new" either.

Sounds like something was lost in translation somewhere along the way.

4. dr_nigel_c

dr_nigel_c Florida resident, hotel nut! :-D

That's probably a reference to the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores -- it's a relatively new shopping center (opened 01/2006), and it's on 535 (same road that you turn into DTD on), but on the other side of I-4. Not too difficult to get to, and lots of stores, too!

5. PrincessSuzanne

PrincessSuzanne <font color=red>Guess I will be eating crow tonigh

Are these the ones that used to be the Prime Outlets that thy tore down and are re-building? Over near Wet and Wild?

Or the ones where Dolly's Dixie Stampede used to be?

Suzanne

6. OlderMan

OlderMan DVC Member Since 1997

FWIW, the LBV Factory Stores have been around for quite a while, too.

7. momto2greatgirls

momto2greatgirls Earning My Ears

Thanks for the replies, it does sound like something got lost in translation! I don't know when he thought we'd have time to go shopping anyhow, unless we're extending our vacation!
    Thanks again

8. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Neither.

The Prime outlet is by Universal and they rebuilt it.
    The Premium outlet is by Dolly's just outside of WDW's DTD.
    The Lake Buena Vista outlets are down a ways on 535 on the left.

9. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

you beat me too it - I have been buying new balances shoes there for at least 5 years.

you don't think he means the redo of Pleasure Island?

10. Detailor

Detailor DIS Veteran

Or was the reference to the Westside shopping area? I know it's not new, but it is a lot newer than the Marketplace section of DTD. Perhaps if the person telling him about this 'mall' hadn't been to DTD for a long time Westside would seem 'new' to them.

LBV Factory Outlets have been around for a lot longer than just since 2006, in fact I think that it's older than the Premium Outlets but not as old as the Prime Outlets (nee Belz).

**** Taylor

11. PrincessSuzanne

Thank you, I didn't know these existed. I will check them out in June.

Suzanne

12. Promomx2

Promomx2 DIS Veteran

The outlet on 535, do they have the outlet for disney stuff, i think it's call character?

13. PrincessSuzanne

According to the website in the link, they do.

14. DOOM1001

DOOM1001 DIS Veteran

Everything you said is correct except Dolly's Dixie Stampede is now closed,the Premium outlets bought them out to make more stores and a parking garage.

15. Jason71

Jason71 Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Didn't think of LBV Outets, are "across the street"...just a couple miles down, lol.

There is a store that sells WDW merchandise there. However, unlike the stores at Premium Outlets and Prime Outlets, it is not owned by Disney. It tends to have a smaller selection, but even lower prices, than the Disney-owned outlets.

16. HopperFan

I know that, but was responding to PrincessSuzanne's location reference in her question in trying to figure out if that is the one.

17. HopperFan

Yes, but it is not a Disney location, just a store that sells a variety of that type of stuff so you will find Spiderman, Nick stuff etc. Lots of junk. But if I have time I pop in, last trip in Jan did find really nice Disney Soccer warmups....jacket was around $60 and got for $12. But if you don't have alot of time, I would skip this location.

Lake Buena Vista Outlets are several miles down 535, where the Premium Outlet with a real Disney store is just across I-4 and only minutes from DTD. It is the closest location. They get new stuff almost daily so you could visit a couple times in a week and hit on some new things.

18. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

boy I disagree with this one BIG time.

LBV is closer!

PO is on vineland - that street can and does get back up - BIG TIME. You can easily wait on that street to go just a mile for 15min. Now if a funeral or wedding is going on at that church - just forget it.

LBV is straight down 535 and generally no traffic problems - it has 3 or 4 lanes - PO has one lane.

LBV has a Disney Character shop too - but it didn't have the stuff that PO has. of course it also doesn't have the prices.:rolleyes1

19. PrincessSuzanne

Actually, I read a link here on the DIS that says that Disney is in talks to use the old Dolly's Stampede location for a HSM dinner show for a couple of years.

I knew Dolly's had closed, but that was the best way for me to describe the location I was looking for.

Suzanne