Making the Most of Mid-March with the Mouse! 6d, 7n of OOP *3/21 CP & Afternoon Tea*

Your plans sound great - can't wait to read about your dining experiences very soon. You must be getting really excited now :)
Thank you so much!! I can't believe it is almost time to be there. Time has flown!

You must be getting very excited!! Have a great time.:goodvibes
I am!!! So so excited. I haven't been to WDW since August 2010, so the anticipation has been bulding.

Great list of ADRs
It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful trip :)
Thank you! And I think there's a 99.999% chance it will definitely be wonderful :goodvibes

I LOVE that day before travel anticipation! Have a safe and fun trip.

Well, I guess you can see that I had to change a great deal of my dining plans during my trip. There were various reasons for this, but the major ones included prices and crowds. It was the busiest I've ever seen the parks (what recession??), and the price of the food ended up adding up more quickly than I expected! :laughing: Therefore, to have more time in the parks and to maximize my time there, I had to change some things around, as well as cancel some things.

Anyway, I hope you still enjoy my reviews. I had wonderful experiences at all of the restaurants, and I can't wait to share my thoughts and pictures with you :goodvibes

Our arrival day was rainy and soggy, but we arrived at the World with a few hours to go before our dinner resservations at 'Ohana.

We put on our blue ponchos and headed for Downtown Disney and lunch at Earl of Sandwich. At first, my mom balked at the idea of the Hawaiian BBQ sandwich, but she finally caved in and told me to order it :woohoo:. The line seemed so long, but I knew from reviews I had read that it supposedly went quickly. This was very true, and we had our sandwich in no time. It was soooo delicious. The BBQ sauce was so rich and flavorful. I am not even an BBQ fan, but this sandwich was excellent. The ham, chicken, and pineapples mixed with the sauce created an explosion of flavors in my mouth. Seriously, delicious.
IMG_20120311_135808.jpg

Food: 4.5 stars (maybe a little less sauce would've made it perfect!)
Service: 4 stars (workers were friendly and fast)
Ambience: 2 stars (it was incredibly packed with no indoor tables available)
Would I return: Definitely!

After lunch, we went to MK for a couple of hours and rode a few rides before heading over via boat to the Polynesian for our 6:25 dinner ressie at 'Ohana. The boat ride was nice, and we arrived about twenty minutes early. We checked in at the podium and were told they would take our number at 6:15. We looked around the gift shops and then headed back at the designated time. We were seated less than five minutes later.

Our server was Simo, and he was extremely nice and efficient. The food was excellent. Everything had wonderful and robust flavors. To begin, we had the welcome bread, which was out of this world. I despise coconut, but even that could not stop me from devouring that bread. I'm a major bread lover, so I was in Heaven.
IMG_20120311_182548.jpg

Next came the salad. The salad with the sweet and tangy lime dressing was definitely different, but I enjoyed it!
IMG_20120311_183656.jpg

After the salad, we received the pot-stickers and chicken wings. Wow, these were delicious! The sweetness infused in the wings was to die for, and the pot-stickers were perfect. Next came the broccoli and noodles. I didn't try to broccoli because I don't like broccoli in general, but the noodles were out of this world!!!!! I wish I had them right now!
IMG_20120311_184026.jpg

Next we got the meats: chicken, shrimp, steak, and pork. I enjoyed them all, but the pork was definitely my favorite! The shrimp was my least favorite, but it wasn't bad at all. I loved the smokey/sweet flavor that all of the meats had.
IMG_20120311_185012.jpg

IMG_20120311_185927.jpg

IMG_20120311_190259.jpg

Finally, we got the bread pudding, but unfortunately, my mind escaped me, and I forgot to take a picture. It was pretty delicious, even though I'm not the biggest fan of bananas!

At the end of our meal, the hula dancer/singer lady was starting up her show, so I snagged my mom and I a couple of leis, and then we paid our bill and headed out.

Overall, the meal cost my mom and me about $93 out of pocket. This was an expensive meal, but it was well worth it. I will definitely eat there again on future trips. Simo was an awesome server, whom I would highly recommend!

Food: 4.5 stars
Service: 5 stars
Ambience: 5 stars (we were seated near a window with a beautiful view)
Would I return?: Absolutely!

Sorry my pictures are so massive! I will try to figure out how to resize them for the next post :)

Dont' worry I'm guilty of changing my ADR's around too.:thumbsup2

I've really enjoyed your reviews so far and looking forward to more. I love EoS but have never tried that sandwich. It looks delicious. Your pictures make me want to be at O'hana's right now.

Thanks for sharing.:goodvibes

Thanks everyone for reading along!

On Monday, we had an early start with breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. My pictures turned out blurry, so I stole this one from my friend Tiffany :goodvibes

cp.jpg

I am a huge breakfast person, so I was trying not to get my hopes up too much. However, I was more than pleasantly surprised. First of all, I was shocked to see grits on the buffet! Being from the South, grits are one of my favorite breakfast items, and the CP cooks must be southern because they were cooked to perfection. Yum! I also had a mickey waffle, biscuits and gravy, and puff French toast, which was my favorite food that morning. I left before the bill came because the service was a little slow, and we wanted to get Space Mountain fast passes. I ended up getting to Space Mountain, retrieving the fast passes, making it to Peter Pan's Flight, and waiting for my group for about ten minutes. Therefore, either I'm a super speed demon (I'm fast but not THAT fast), or the waitress was super busy/slow at CP. Either way, I'd say that breakfast there was a major success!!

Food: 5 out of 5 (they had me at grits :))
Service: 3 out of 5 (slow, but understandably so)
Ambience: 4 out of 5 (very pretty!)
Would I return?: YES!

At about 2:30/3, my mom and I made our way to the ferry boats to catch a ride to the Grand Floridian for afternoon tea. What a beautiful resort it is! We arrived very early and were seated in minutes. We ordered a la carte, since we had had a large breakfast and were not terribly hungry. We had also had a shared lunch at Columbia Harbor House earlier in the day (I forgot to take pictures, but the food was pretty good! Kind of on the Captain D's/Long John Silver's level). Anyway, at Garden View Lounge, we ordered the trifle, the strawberries and cream, and our teas. My mom had the Princess Breakfast Tea, and I had the Strawberry Green Tea, which was one of the new specials. I have to say mine was the better of the two, although my mom preferred hers. The Princess Breakfast Tea was somewhat bland to me, but the strawberry infused green tea was refreshing and delicious. The strawberries and cream were fantastic and extremely fresh. The trifle was to die for!! I loved the custard and raspberry filling.
tea1.jpg

tea2.jpg

tea3.jpg

My only disappointment in afternoon tea was that they no longer use the pretty, flowery dishes. Other than that, everything was great!

Food: 4 out of 5 (the portions were delicious but small)
Service: 5 out of 5
Ambience: 4 out of 5 (beautiful resort but no flowery cups :( )
Would I return?: for sure :))

Yum! Thanks for sharing your reviews! I have never been to CP but am seriously considering it for my next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter