Making Resort Reservations: Online or by phone

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by thorphin, Jan 16, 2013.

1. thorphin

thorphin DIS Veteran

Okay, first trip since they redid a lot of their systems.

At this point, does it matter if you book your reservation (Room only or package) by phone or online?

Specifically-
    If I book by phone, will I still have complete online access to my reservation (changes, additions, payments)? When it comes to room requests being attached to the reservation, is it more effective/possible to do this when you make a reservation online or when you do it by phone?

I enjoy talking to a person to really get the vacation mood started, but I don't want to make my life more difficult over the next few months!

Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. brucerob62

brucerob62 Mouseketeer

you must like listening to hold music at least its disney music...do it online ..i always do if i can, i have control and can see it.Just like I want it..to each his own i guess.

4. lililoo12

lililoo12 Mouseketeer

I rather online as lately CM's are not really magical. I am sick of getting a CM on the phone who knows less about Disney than my 6 year old.

5. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

For room-only ressie changes, is it still "Must Dial Call-Center of DOOooooom" or has that changed with the new site?

6. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

As far as I know, you have to call to make changes whether it's a room only reservation or a package.

7. thorphin

thorphin DIS Veteran

Anyone have thoughts or experience with making room requests online (can you even do it?)? Seems like that might be only reason to book by phone at this point...

8. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I always price things out online then call when I'm ready to book. As a pp stated, unless something has changed, any modifications made to a package or room only ressie have to be done by calling and cannot be done online. I can't help with room requests and whether or not those can be done online as I always call to book and add them that time.

9. thorphin

thorphin DIS Veteran

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll be booking by phone just to make sure our room request gets added to the reservation from the get-go. Having gone through the online booking up to "Book Now", I see no place to leave any requests. No sense booking online if I just have to call to get the request added anyway.

In other news, I really shouldn't freak out so much about the possibility of getting a view of cars out my window at Poly!

10. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

I did some research about the resort I wanted, including what kind of room to request. Then I called to book the room because I wanted to link the reservation to our daughter's reservation and to put in my room request. And I had a chance to ask questions, too.