Making n ADR for two and showing up alone?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by dani77, Nov 27, 2012.

1. dani77

dani77 Mouseketeer

Hi everyone,

Hope you can help me out here. I'm trying to get an ADR for breakfast at Crystal Palace during a 10-day-perio in april/may 2013. Whichever day I try, when I put in "1 Person", all I get are times later than 8:45 a.m.
    Since I would like an earlier time I played around with the reervation system and found out that if I make the ADR for 2 people, I can get an 8.10 ressie almost any day I want to.
    Now...tables for 1 and 2 are exactly the same at CP, I just don't unterstand why I can't get an earlier time for a single person reservation. Is it okay to make the ADR for 2 and show up alone? Will they charge me for a second person that never shows up?
    Any advice or explanation on why they obvousily have tables available but you can't make the adr when you're solo?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. FiggieFan

FiggieFan DIS Veteran

Hi,
    From everything I have read, you will not be charged if less people show up for your reservation than you have listed. You will only be charged if you have a reservation and no one shows up. I would make the reservation for 2. Have a great time!

4. gtpoohbear

gtpoohbear DIS Veteran

I've never had a problem showing up with less people than are on the ADR. When we travel with family, they can be very unpredictable and often back out at the last minute.

Unless it is a prepaid meal (like CRT) I don't think they will charge you anything. It does seem dumb that they let larger parties book at times when smaller ones can't,

5. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

As long as at least one person shows up you will not be charged for those who don't show up. Here's a link to the Dining FAQs that addresses this specific question:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/dining/

As far as having difficulty finding a res for 1 person, the Disney res system has a quirk in it which makes it harder for any odd numbered group to get a res. The system wants to fill as many seats in a restaurant as possible, so even though a solo diner will be seated at a table for 2 the system wants to "wait" for a party of 2. Go ahead and put in party of 2 when you're looking. We're a group of 3 and frequently have better luck looking for as a party of 4.

6. dani77

dani77 Mouseketeer

Thank you all for the replies. Got a 8:10 breakfast reservation at CP for two on may 5th :cool1:

7. Herfnerd

Herfnerd DIS Veteran

Only if you made ADR at one of the restaurants that require a credit card guarantee