Making Building Requests at OKW

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by musical2, Mar 14, 2002.

1. musical2

musical2 Mouseketeer

I have made reservations for OKW 2Br for two weeks this coming December. How far in advance should I make building requests, or should I have done this already? My wife had bad knees and we would like to have a ground floor room and one close to the main building if possible.

Bart

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

You should do it when you make the reservation, so I would call now. Make sure you let them know it is for medical reasons. If you do not want a handicapped room (roll in shower), be sure to let them know. I would also fax the room controller 5 days before arrival to confirm. This isn't really necessary, but I like to do it just to confirm, can't hurt.

4. yesdisneyfool

yesdisneyfool <font color=blue>I won't grow up!<br><font color=r

musical2
    making a building request is just that a request, but I have been successful for the last 3 ressies. Just fax a request 4-5 days before arrival to:
    Old Key West
    Attn: Room Assignor
    Fax #407-827-7710

Be specific and polite. Use words such as - We would like your help..., If we may request....,and always, thank you for taking the time to make our wishes come true.

5. SueM in MN

SueM in MN combining the teacups with a roller coaster Moderator

They do fill medical requests before they fill general requests for the same thing. Make your request now. They should send you an amended confirmation slip; check the wording on it to make sure it says "first floor for Medical Need" or something very similar.