making an offer

nelle

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever made an offer on a resale? I'm not trying to be noisy but I was wondering if I could. I don't want to insult the person I'm dealing with so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else has.
Thanks so much for the help.

Nelle

If you are purchasing a resale through a broker, it is anticipated that you may make an "offer". Things to be negotiated include the price, the period of time before closing, who will pay closing costs, financing(owner vs. cash), etc.

Everything is acceptable to negotiation. Even if you offered "full price", you would still be negotiating terms.

Frequently, if you are buying from a developer, you consider it unnegotiable, because you are paying the asking price. But you may still negotiate minor items like closing and financing.

FWIW

Michael

On the two contracts we were negotiating for BWV in Jan, we offered $2 less on $68/pt and $3 less on $65/pt asking price (one had more banked points than other). Both were accepted. We paid closing- Seems that sellers liked it better to negotiate price/point than paying closing costs- even though it ends up costing the same whether you take it off the points cost or the purchase cost.

dvcis.gif]

Nelle, buying DVC is no different then buying a house or a car. The price of a resale is set by the seller depending on his/her interpretation of the current mkt conditions. Do your research and make a credibale offer. Do not wory about offending anybody. if their asking 70.00 a point and you feel 64.00 is more reasonable then offer 64.00 and then negoiate. good luck.

Scott & Peg

Nelle, I'm still in the process of closing on a resale at OKW. I did offer less than the asking price and also asked that the seller pay the closing. It was accepted.

Do your homework and read all you can on these boards. Decide what you want for your home resort and number of points. Look at what is being offered in the way of available or banked points. See if any points have been borrowed from the upcoming use year. Decided what you think it is worth and make an offer. The worst that can happen is they can say no and you will go looking for another resale. They are out there.

Good luck.

I bought through resale a few months ago. I asked the broker to find me someone who would sell at $50 or $52 a point. When he found someone, I offered the $52 a point (he was asking $58) and he accepted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter