Making a ressie thru Travelocity vs Disney

pat's mom99

Mouseketeer
I am just booking for 2 nights and there is a $100 difference between the two sites. But I just read on tripadvisor that you get treated differently if you book thru anyone but Disney. Is this true? Any one experience any issues booking thru Travelocity?

I don't have any personal experience booking through Travelocity or other travel sites, but I have heard of people scoring some really nice deals on room only reservations.

As far as I know - a reservation is a reservation. Just make sure you are comparing both prices appropriately. For example, check and make sure you are not missing some type of promotion Disney has going on. Also factor in your park tickets, trip insurance (if you plan to purchase), and dining plan (if you plan to purchase).

Good luck planning!

Bottom line - someone gets a commission for your room or package. Sometimes using a TA who specializes in Disney can be the way to go.

As far as Magical Express - I am not sure how that works so perhaps someone else does.

I wouldnt book through travelocity. several reasons, the main reason is if you book disney you can book packages that in the long run will make the cost a lot more effective. In that you can customize your package for example you may need 5 nights but only a 3 day ticket. You can also add the meal plan. the cast members are extremely helpful.

One of the biggest and most helpful reasons is if disney offers a better special than what you are booked under ... you can actually call them up and get a refund for the difference. and, if you need to cancel it is easy to cancel a reservation.

It is a lot of fun to talk to a live disney cast member on the phone. the magic begins as soon as you pick that phone up.

I am just booking for 2 nights and there is a $100 difference between the two sites. But I just read on tripadvisor that you get treated differently if you book thru anyone but Disney. Is this true? Any one experience any issues booking thru Travelocity?

Once your reservation begins it is exactly the same as any other reservation.

HOWEVER, Disney will not speak to you about your reservation prior to check in as Travelocity owns the reservation. Everything goes through Travelocity.

That may be the difference in treatment people are referring to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!