Making a flowergirl basket

mommytotwo

DIS Veteran
I need to put together a flowergirl basket.
I had made one once, but it was pretty simple.
This time I wanted to make one with the satin lining and baby pearls. I do not know how to sew so need something simple.
Can anyone give me suggestions and instructions.

The answer is HOT GLUE! Cut the satin to fit (a bit larger so you have slack to work with & to turn under at the top for a finished edge) and start with a dot of glue in the very center of the basket's bottom. Fold the fabric so you have a corresponding point that is the center of the fabric. Stick that point to the hot glue. Give it a bit to set and then begin working your way out to the edges. Once those are tacked down (dots will do) work your way up the sides eveny. At the very top make sure you turn the edges under so the raw cut edge is between the satin lining and the basket.

If your pearls are in a rope just run a line of glue where you want them. Keep in mind that hot glue can harden fairly rapidly so run an inch or 2, adhere pearls, and continue. If the pearls are singles again the dot and stick approach works well.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter