makin a ressie

buggalugs

Earning My Ears
Me and mum wanna make a ressie on Monday for our first trip

Can anyone please tell me when MS will open and also what time
will that be here in the UK

Do we have to ring every day for next October?

Do I have to ring the minute they open?

Mum's too laid back about this.

I just dont wanna leave anything to chance

Thanks a bunch

Welcome to the DIS! :wave:

Well, it kinda depends on which resort and what type of room you are planning to book.

For example, there is less inventory for a Standard view Studio at BWV than there is a regular Studio at OKW.

For October, if it was me, then I'd probably just wait until I could book my last day and do it all at once (especially as you are booking at the 11 month window). Chances are you won't have any problem, or that if on the <i>very</i> off chance you had to waitlist for a night, it'll come thru relatively easy.

However, if you feel the uncertainty will bother you by waiting, then I'd call day by day. Ummm, it's been a while since I've called them, but I'm almost positive their hours start at 9am which is 2pm our time :)

If I can get BWV at Christmas at the 7 month window, I don't imagine you'll have problems with October at 11 months :)

Good luck!

Just a quickie to bear in mind for October bookings at BWV (and BCV) from now on. Disney have decided to extend the food and wine festival at Epcot to a month and a half, starting on 1st October, rather than the usual mid-October date.

The standard views at BW go pretty quickly during the festival, so if this is what you're going for it might be worth booking the first day as soon as the window opens, and ask member services what availability looks like for the rest of your trip. They might be able to indicate whether it looks to be necessary to call every day for the remainder of your dates.

Paul

Hi,
I know this is kinda sad but I book each nite seperately as I enjoy the experience and usually have a chat with the Member Services CM (what do you mean i should get out more..??? )
I also like to know that it's one less to thing to "worry" about and the call is free afterall.

Mick.

:smooth:

Still hoping for the waitlist to come through for New Years Eve.

I am currently booking a day by day reservation for 13 nights at Beach Cub Villas for October. I asked the CM on the first day whether she felt this was necessary, she replied that it was better to be safe than sorry and that October was extremely popular time for both DVC and BCV due to F&W festival and points required.

I had already booked the flights with Virgin and I wanted a dedicated 2 bed villa with 2 queen beds in 2nd bedroom, so I have been dutifully calling on a day to day basis.

When you first call let them know this is what you are doing, so that they make a note and then you recieve a confirmation after all your dates have been booked. I have to say they are extremely efficient and very friendly. I always called around 2-3 pm and had no problems getting through. Don't forget to use the UK toll free number as well.
Good Luck !
Regards
Macca

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'October 15,2004 10:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=2 color=red>BCV be warned - We are coming :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'YIPPEEEEEEEEEE';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Hi,
Freephone number is 0800 890 011 this connects you with AT&T then you dial the DVC Freephone number 1 800 800 9800 .Press 3 for Member Services then 3 again if your booking a reservation at a DVC or Disney Resort.

Mick.

:smooth:

So I want to go from 22/12 next year to 1/1/05, flights were booked last week and we want to stay at SS and its our home resort. Cannot afford not to get the accomodation now.
Do you think I should book day by day when the window opens and would I get the same room by doing this. They don't give me different 1 bedroom places surely?

Plus, it says SS is open for booking from Dec 1, but I take it the 11 month window still applies.

Many Thanks

Simon, my advice would be to call day by day for the Christmas period just in case. Even though the points use is highest then it can still be difficult to get reservations. SS might be easier than certain resorts due to its size, but as you've booked flights already i'd be tempted to make certain.

By my calculations you can start phoning on 23rd Jan for the first night, and each weekday until you're done.

Paul

Booked with Virgin through my RBS Advanta card (they use Apollo travel) and you get 12.5% discount from brochure prices. Wasn't a flight only though, its a fly drive, just didn't take accomodation, just the car and insurance.

I looked at flight prices for November time next year and they were more dearer than the fly drive packages, so took the discount and booked up just in case the same applied to Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter