M

Ahh the beauty of the Epcot resorts and the ability to walk to 2 different parks.

Hahaha, I really don't know why but the Disney Junior characters just scare the life out of me!! :laughing:

We've never done breakfast at H&V (we mistakenly did dinner twice and NEVER again...I'd go to McDonalds before I'd go back to H&V), but they didn't have Playhouse Disney when our boys were little. I hate to say your food does not look all that appetizing, but cute pictures with the characters. :)

We did H&V the trip before last and I have to agree.... It wasn't terrible but it was nothing to write home about. :( I remember our server just being rude and you are right about the characters. Other than Jake, I feel like the characters needed a re-do.... Thankfully H&V agreed and now have Doc and Sofia. :)

The big draw for early morning reservations is getting in the parks early, but that shouldn't mean the food can be subpar. Not to mention, it's breakfast food...pretty basic fare.
The Mickey waffles in your phoo did look kinda burnt. Guess the chefs were having an off day...

Too bad Sophia wasn't doing meet and greets yet. I have yet to meet a toddler that doesn't adore her.

That's a great point! And, Sofia was doing a meet and greet in DHS...just not at H&V --- my next post will cover that excitement! :thumbsup2

Ahh the beauty of the Epcot resorts and the ability to walk to 2 different parks.

Hahaha, I really don't know why but the Disney Junior characters just scare the life out of me!! :laughing:

You mean, you don't find their GIANT heads with expressionless faces to be normal?!? :rotfl2: That Oso is just bizarre looking! (There, I said it! :eek:)

We've never done breakfast at H&V (we mistakenly did dinner twice and NEVER again...I'd go to McDonalds before I'd go back to H&V), but they didn't have Playhouse Disney when our boys were little. I hate to say your food does not look all that appetizing, but cute pictures with the characters. :)

Haha, thanks...I think?! ;)

We did H&V the trip before last and I have to agree.... It wasn't terrible but it was nothing to write home about. :( I remember our server just being rude and you are right about the characters. Other than Jake, I feel like the characters needed a re-do.... Thankfully H&V agreed and now have Doc and Sofia. :)

The re-do was much needed!! I'm sure the whole experience is still a sticky mess...but at least the characters would be more exciting to my DD!

I actually wondered while we were there when exacty they were going to upate that breakfast- it seemed like such a wasted opportunity with some new 'big' hits on Disney's pre-K set! I mean, Little Einsteins was from when MY oldest was a tot- some 10 years ago!

I'm glad they updated it & it has to be a 'hot' breakfast now with Sophia and Doc there! I also thought I heard from some other report that the food was better now too? Not sure where I saw that?!

So, next time will be awesome, right? :)

I actually wondered while we were there when exacty they were going to upate that breakfast- it seemed like such a wasted opportunity with some new 'big' hits on Disney's pre-K set! I mean, Little Einsteins was from when MY oldest was a tot- some 10 years ago!

I'm glad they updated it & it has to be a 'hot' breakfast now with Sophia and Doc there! I also thought I heard from some other report that the food was better now too? Not sure where I saw that?!

So, next time will be awesome, right? :)

I can't say too much about the food -- but adding Sofia and Doc is a big deal with DD! It was a great change to make!

Travel Update!!

It's been a CRAZY week at work...and it will probably be like this for months. So, I'm hoping to get a "real update done this weekend. :surfweb:

In the meantime, I wanted to share an exciting travel update......:cheer2:

We booked our first Disney Cruise!!
:sail: We are sailing on the Fantasy...7night Western Caribbean in May. :beach: I even have to break this guy out ---:dancer:

3 months to go - and we can't wait! We've done several cruises, but have never done a Disney cruise.

Any readers been on DCL? Would live any and all recommendations and tips you have!

OMG- When? We leave on the Fantasy May 31st- Eastern though. We probably are on the boat after you! How funny is that?

We've done 2 Disney Cruises (Magic & Dream)..this is our first time on the Fantasy! I have a PTR I just started (in siggie) if you want to bounce off ideas!!

OMG- When? We leave on the Fantasy May 31st- Eastern though. We probably are on the boat after you! How funny is that?

We've done 2 Disney Cruises (Magic & Dream)..this is our first time on the Fantasy! I have a PTR I just started (in siggie) if you want to bounce off ideas!!

Aww, we just miss you! We are on the May 24th sailing! I'm going to check out your PTR now...:goodvibes

I read the play & dine update a few days ago, but it looks like I forgot to comment! Lol! Whoops!!

I have always wished there was another character dining place in DHS! I'd love a sit down breakfast, and love a character meal/early entry to the park, but I obviously have no interest in the characters, and the food has never intrigued me enough to make me want to go! Although with the added Sofia, I feel more inclined to check it out, who was she replacing? Is Jake still around? Lol.

Super exciting that you've booked a cruise!!! I AM DYING to do one after reading Sam's TR's on here!! ( ) not sure which ship they were on but she gives a pretty good detailed review of the cruise in general!!

Can't wait to hear all about it/the plan!! :cool1:

Im a little late to the party but I am joining you! I love your room so much. Probably has to be due to the fact that a month before you win September ,we stayed in 4077 and I miss that view everyday. I am really going to miss that resort as we are staying in all star sports this year. We had such a great meal and time at Hollywood and vine last year that we are doing it again. I do not understand why it gets bad reviews. I'm here for more!

Congrats on booking your cruise! :woohoo:

I went on a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Magic a few years ago, and it was a wonderful trip.
It might not seem possible, but the Disney Customer Service on the ships is even better in the parks. And the dining rooms are amazing. Animator's Palate is something to experience.
You and your family will have a great time on DCL!:goodvibes

We have the same view on the H&V breakfast - the food isn't that great and the characters and dance party stuff was fun but not something we need to do again .... then they go and add Sophia and Doc and now it is something we will at least consider again :rotfl:

Congrats on booking the cruise! I have heard nothing but good things from people that have done them - we are planning to wait til the kids are old enough to be left in the kids clubs on the boats til we do one, but definitely in our future. Have a great time!

I read the play & dine update a few days ago, but it looks like I forgot to comment! Lol! Whoops!!

I have always wished there was another character dining place in DHS! I'd love a sit down breakfast, and love a character meal/early entry to the park, but I obviously have no interest in the characters, and the food has never intrigued me enough to make me want to go! Although with the added Sofia, I feel more inclined to check it out, who was she replacing? Is Jake still around? Lol.

Super exciting that you've booked a cruise!!! I AM DYING to do one after reading Sam's TR's on here!! ( ) not sure which ship they were on but she gives a pretty good detailed review of the cruise in general!!

Can't wait to hear all about it/the plan!! :cool1:

I think Sofia and Doc replaced June from Little Einteins and Handy Manny....Jake is still around!

We are sooo excited for the cruise! Fun t try something new...although, it will be hard to be sooo close to WDW and not go!

Im a little late to the party but I am joining you! I love your room so much. Probably has to be due to the fact that a month before you win September ,we stayed in 4077 and I miss that view everyday. I am really going to miss that resort as we are staying in all star sports this year. We had such a great meal and time at Hollywood and vine last year that we are doing it again. I do not understand why it gets bad reviews. I'm here for more!

Welcome, and thanks for joining in!! :flower3:

Ahhh, that view....hard to beat, huh?? No better place to sit, relax, and take it all in at night.

Congrats on booking your cruise! :woohoo:

I went on a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Magic a few years ago, and it was a wonderful trip.
It might not seem possible, but the Disney Customer Service on the ships is even better in the parks. And the dining rooms are amazing. Animator's Palate is something to experience.
You and your family will have a great time on DCL!:goodvibes

That really doesn't seem possible...but from what I've read, I believe it! I was reading about Animator's Palate today...it sounds so cool!

We have the same view on the H&V breakfast - the food isn't that great and the characters and dance party stuff was fun but not something we need to do again .... then they go and add Sophia and Doc and now it is something we will at least consider again :rotfl:

Congrats on booking the cruise! I have heard nothing but good things from people that have done them - we are planning to wait til the kids are old enough to be left in the kids clubs on the boats til we do one, but definitely in our future. Have a great time!

I know...we miss the kids club by a few months...but I think we'll be able to use the nursery and just take it easy. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter