Makeup? Hair? How do you look fly in the summer heat?

Accept it, have fun, and you'll look great anyway!

Ditto this. I deal well with heat, though my face might turn an exceptional rosy flush which I cannot wish away and certainly cannot cover with makeup. I do not, however, deal with humidity and my hair has a mind of its own no matter what product I use. Therefore, I put on some waterproof mascara, wear sunscreen and an SPF chapstick, and apply argan oil to my hair in the morning to keep it moisturized through the heat. Anything more than that and I sort of feel ridiculous, like the women that wear high heels to the park. I'm not there to impress. I am there to have fun!

Ditto on the sunscreen, but I would say get a nice glow on your skin and you'll look great in photos (not washed out- which is what happens to me). Get a good tan or a good fake one or use a bronzer powder on your face. And then mascara and lip gloss. I like MAC mascara because it actually gives me lashes, but it's like $20 a tube...and you said you don't like to wear it...so hmmm. maybe not. I definetly would not be putting on all the other makeup stuff...it's just too hot. Who wants a melting face?

I truly understand your dilemma. Have you ever used MAC's strobe cream? I love this with no makeup or with just a little powder... it creates a pretty glow on your face... and if you've done a spray tan prior to, you'll look radiant in your photos. Since you're not a fan of mascara, what about just a clear gel brush over your lashes? It doesn't get sticky or have any sort of heavy feeling, but it will brighten your eyes up.

If you're set on makeup, as a few have suggested, do use the Model in a Bottle or the Face Freeze. It does work!

Post pics and Happy Graduation!

If you must wear some face make up (I get blotchy, so I at least wear a BB cream), spritz some Ben Nye face freeze spray. That's what the princesses use to keep their make up on without smearing. I used it for my wedding and it worked like a dream. You can get it on Amazon for $10.

Late reply to this but: For heat/humidity/water I HIGHLY recommend a makeup setting spray. There's a ton of different ones out there but the absolute best I've ever used is Model in a Bottle. I've worn it with heavy theater-level makeup in Baltimore in August (so incredible heat/humidity) at the biggest anime convention on the East Coast (so huge crowds) and not had one bit slip, move or slide. My face looked just as good at the end of the day as it did at 8AM. Highly recommend!

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Seal-Matte-Makeup-Sealer/dp/B005MZ4A7C

It's a "finisher" that should keep your makeup on, intact, all day. Disney Princesses use it, in fact (or did anyway, though I'm sure they still do or something similar).

It's fantastic! EVEN for FULL makeup!

I was given the following product and have yet to test it. SkinFood Red Orange Makeup Finish No. 2 (Matte Type)

I'm hoping it will give me the same effect as the products ya'll mentioned. If not, I will definitely check out your recommendations! :cutie:

One thing that really helps me is using oil blotting sheets. I use Clean and Clear brand.

Thanks for the makeup tips everyone! :)

I'm a total noob haha

So some people are staying do foundation and not BB cream... is that generally the case with summer? I don't own foundation lol I find it hard to match my skin color to the makeup...especially since I do drugstore and I can't swatch.

Make up is the easy part for me. The hair is the issue. After Moisturizing I use a tinted facial sunscreen (not all over my face just in the high areas- cheekbones, forehead, chin and nose) and then a BB Cream. The BB Cream I'm trying out this year is the BB Cream Aqua from the Faceshop, it's so sheer and smooth and the coverage is perfect for me. After I use a concealer and then a skin tone matte eye shadow on my lids. I tend to do a liquid eyeliner cat eye because I'm obsessed with pinup make up. I hate using waterproof liquid eyeliner but I've actually never had a problem with it smudging due to sweat or on water rides. Just shield your eyes before the splash! Then just a coat of mascara and whatever lipstick I want to wear for the day.

The hair is what I struggle with. I've got frizzy Latina hair, if someone opens up a water bottle in the same room as me my hair will turn into an afro, so being in Florida is rough. Especially since (sorry Floridians) the water there sucks and it super harsh. I put a lot of serums and frizz ease in my hair before I go and just make sure I take a lot of pictures in the beginning of the day while my hair still looks good. After that point I'm throwing my hair into a knotty crappy bun and leaving it alone lol.

I know I'm a little late to this party, but I just found this thread. For hair, I put it into a bun using one of those "scrunchies" with fake hair to match my own hair. Then it looks like I have a nice full/curly bun instead of my usual thin, fine textured, limp hair. Then I have a bunch of Disney elastics, many of them with fancy ribbons and/or mickey heads, and I put one around my bun. I'm thinking of putting my bun off to the side on my next trip so it is visible in pictures.

I have special 'summer skin'....:crazy2: and I found some stuff that works (extra oily urgh) I can't wear any lotiony stuff in warm weather at all- so I use the Neutrogena sunscreen that comes in a small bottle, it's like water, and no oil in it- then I use Becca primer in the worst T-zone parts of face (forehead, nose, cheekbones) then for the rest of face I use Monistat anti chafing gel as a primer (it really works) this provides a quick and easy base that looks fairly smooth- then dust with Bare Minerals Veil powder on the brush- it stays matte all day- I use the Stila all day stay eyeliner- it actually stays all day:thumbsup2 and whatever mascara I have on hand.... sometimes if it's extremely hot I carry the blotting papers for touchups a bit, but overall it works- the becca primer is very,very powerful mattifying, I have to be careful to use only a bit where needed. The Becca and Stila are pricey from Sephora, but they last a LONG time,so totally worth it. My hair is short so crazy hair is sort of normal for me anyway..... when it was long I did a lot of ponytails

Oh to be young again!! Congrats on your graduation, you picked a great place to celebrate. My hair is in a pony or braid 100% of the time while at Disney. Hats have become my best friend. Can't help you with makeup, chapstick is all I know.

I use BareMinerals Foundation. It doesnt shift, it doesn't look caked and you can apply as little or as mich as you need.
Plus it's cruelty free!

This is what I use, too! It has pretty good lasting power, especially if you use some of the setting spray or primer first.

My lips tend to get dry if I leave them bare (plus my natural lip "color" tends toward dead fish corpse :rolleyes:) so I use the Fresh SUGAR tinted lip treatments. The Honey and the Rose colors seem to look good on a wide variety of skin shades.

As for hair, my natural hair is big fuzzy frizzball, so I get the keratin treatment fairly regularly, and I rarely have a bad hair day at the Parks anymore! But I know not everyone wants to spend the $$$ on that, so I say throw it up in a ponytail and be done with it!

I'm definitely going to check out some of the products mentioned in this thread, thanks everyone!

I keep make-up pretty minimal on vacation. Between heat and water rides, it seems almost futile. If I use a waterproof mascara, tinted moisturizer and lip gloss, I'm good. As for hair, my hair is waist length and I just usually have an "Elsa" side braid going on.

I love Tarte's "Lights, Camera, Splashes" waterproof mascara. Survived all day and Splash Mt! Available at Ulta.

I got a Brazilian Blowout for our Disney trip, and I am thrilled that my hair was down and looked good all week. It's thick and can frizz very easily. Also was super fast to blow dry in the morning and get going. We went in February so I was comfortable with it down, I know in the summer I'd want it up. Can you do your own french braid?

Agree with others to relax, be yourself, and have fun. BUT... if this is a special trip (aren't all Disney trips?) you'll want to look at the pictures for years to come and be happy with them too.

For my face, I swear by Bare Minerals! Powder, eyeliner (the powder eyeliner), blush, eyeshadow...all Bare Minerals. It does not run or streak, even in heat and humidity! I use it always!
For my curly hair, there are challenges! Major challenges. I use Deva Curl to try to protect it, but I have no illusions about Disney heat. This curly hair will be up in a bun or under a cute baseball hat. I have yet to find a product that can effectively beat the frizz of humid days. Oh well. I'll be happy anyway - we'll be at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter