Make your own surprise welcome baskets and send them ahead of time?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by MissMagnolia, Jun 28, 2006.

1. MissMagnolia

MissMagnolia DIS Veteran

Okay, yes I am obsessing about the surprise basket thing :rolleyes: but here goes another question...

Has anyone created a basket, sent it to the resort and had them deliver it to your resort room? Any thoughts on the chances it will get "lost" along the way?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. richard_andmel

richard_andmel DIS Veteran

I have sent packages to myself and never had any problems with them arriving.

4. pezheadmeg

pezheadmeg feminsit turned fashion student

I was thinking about doing the same thing . . . anyone have ideas for what to do into the baskets?

5. lilybeth11602

lilybeth11602 Mouseketeer

Yes me too.Its our anniversary and I wanted to have a basket waiting at our room for my husband and I and our daughter.Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

6. yanners

yanners Mouseketeer

I'm in that same boat. It seems like at the moment we are all questions and no answers :teeth:

7. MissMagnolia

MissMagnolia DIS Veteran

In the baskets I am thinking of putting together I want:

autograph book
    fat pen for signing
    stuffed animal
    t-shirt?
    Disney snacks?

I think I could find this stuff at a Disney store. I am also pricing out what it would cost through the Disney florist - I would have to drive an hour to get to a Disney store, the cost of shipping, etc.

There is also a disboard member that does this (Peggy). Do a search for "welcome baskets" and the thread I started before should pop up and a lot of people have had good experiences with her - the link to her website is on the posts.

Let's see if I can add the link:
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1148709