Make your own surprise welcome baskets and send them ahead of time?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by MissMagnolia, Jun 28, 2006.

1. MissMagnolia

MissMagnolia DIS Veteran

Okay, yes I am obsessing about the surprise basket thing :rolleyes: but here goes another question...

Has anyone created a basket, sent it to the resort and had them deliver it to your resort room? Any thoughts on the chances it will get "lost" along the way?

2. richard_andmel

richard_andmel DIS Veteran

I have sent packages to myself and never had any problems with them arriving.

3. pezheadmeg

pezheadmeg feminsit turned fashion student

I was thinking about doing the same thing . . . anyone have ideas for what to do into the baskets?

4. lilybeth11602

lilybeth11602 Mouseketeer

Yes me too.Its our anniversary and I wanted to have a basket waiting at our room for my husband and I and our daughter.Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

5. yanners

yanners Mouseketeer

I'm in that same boat. It seems like at the moment we are all questions and no answers :teeth:

6. MissMagnolia

MissMagnolia DIS Veteran

In the baskets I am thinking of putting together I want:

autograph book
    fat pen for signing
    stuffed animal
    t-shirt?
    Disney snacks?

I think I could find this stuff at a Disney store. I am also pricing out what it would cost through the Disney florist - I would have to drive an hour to get to a Disney store, the cost of shipping, etc.

There is also a disboard member that does this (Peggy). Do a search for "welcome baskets" and the thread I started before should pop up and a lot of people have had good experiences with her - the link to her website is on the posts.

Let's see if I can add the link:
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1148709