Make A Wish Sends Lauren to Disney World! * IT IS FINISHED...* *Updated 1/28/09*

** ALERT! Side Note Ahead!! :teacher: Now, at this point, you are going to have to put up with a little side note or the rest of this may not make sense. Lauren was originally selected to participate in the American Airlines annual WishFlight. :cool1: Because of the long layover, longer flight and inability for her chair to really fit into the schedule, we decided to bow out of the WishFlight activities. :sad2: BUT they did end up choosing another wish child to go on WishFlight from our area :thumbsup2 …and the party was at the same time that Lauren’s flight was leaving…SO…

Lauren and her family arrive at the airport...
072-1.jpg

And they have a little surprise...
117-1.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana:
They included Lauren in the party! Was not that not SOOOO sweet! (Thanks, Make A Wish and American Airlines!)

They had cake…check it out, Lauren’s name is on it!
100_1287-1.jpg

The party theme was pirates pirate: and princesses princess: ! Complete with folks all dressed up and decorations...

133-1.jpg

And the other wish child even crawled up in Lauren's lap to take a picture. Evidently she was really shy, so this was quite a magical moment! :hug:
123-1.jpg

121-1.jpg

Now...if you thought all of this was cool...then just wait for what is coming!!! It is really, really cool!! :)

So...a little poll...should I go ahead and post the REALLY COOL part today? Or wait.... :confused3

hmm....decisions, decisions! :idea: Calling all lurkers.... come out and vote!! :)

Ok, I guess I will post it...
CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE....

oK! by popular demand...it is coming...

I got called to go eat with an old friend...but I am working on it...right now...

:) mary

youre killin me here, where the heck are ya?
Eating...........bite, swallow, bite, swallow, its fast, so CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON, where the heck are ya already?
We are PATIENTLY:lmao: awaiting your stories!!:woohoo:

Ok, so where were we? Oh yeah! They had just had a surprise party at the airport from American Airlines...:banana: :banana: :banana:

Lauren was presented with a crown. And it was time to board the airplane...:cool1:

As they got on and got seated (which took some transferring, etc, to get her situated in a seat, let me assure you!)...Lauren looks pretty settled to me! :thumbsup2
100_1310-1.jpg

then the pilot announced to the whole plane that Lauren was on her Make A Wish trip. Everybody clapped. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Yeah, Lauren! And William is loving every minute of this!

100_1297-1.jpg

Which would have been cool enough! Until the pilot explained that the US Air Force was there to create a rainbow as a send off for the plane! So they could look out the window and see this:
168-1.jpg

Which was making this!!!
174-1.jpg

They CREATED a rainbow for Lauren's flight!!!!!

That is so cool!!!!!! Here is the plane going through it...
175-1.jpg

179-1.jpg

185-1.jpg

Ok, hold on...I am so crying!

I can't believe I MISSED that!!

Wow...wanna see it again....I do...

174-1.jpg

175-1.jpg

179-1.jpg

185-1.jpg

Ok...So I have to go find some kleenex...the arrival in Orlando...and the rest of this awesome trip...well, it will just have to wait!
thanks for hanging in there with us!!

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE... and I promise that you won't need any kleenex this time!)

:sad: :sad: :sad:

OMG that is so wonderful!!! She looks so happy!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!

Thank you for the sweet story of how you met! I knew there was so much more there then being Lauren's helper! It shines through in your personality.

Thank you for those kind words. I really love their family very much! They are all such special people!

LOVE IT! More please!!! :lovestruc

I hope it was worth the wait! I just LOVED the rainbow deal! Definitely something special!

What a great story!!

:) I am living a pretty awesome life, that is for sure!

So NOT fair (the stopping)! POST away!

What a great surprise for Lauren at the airport!

Jessica...sorry! :) I really did not intend to leave you guys hanging so long. I actually told my friends at dinner that I needed to go! :) So I could fill you guys in!

Please post the surprise. :)

Done! I hope you enjoyed it! thanks for hanging in there with me! :)

Post today, post today!!!! :)

Please post it asap, I have packing to finish up, but I wanna know!!!

I am so sorry! I hope you were able to see it before you go! And finish that packing??? That should have been done MONTHS ago! :lmao:

youre killin me here, where the heck are ya?
Eating...........bite, swallow, bite, swallow, its fast, so CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON, where the heck are ya already?
We are PATIENTLY:lmao: awaiting your stories!!:woohoo:

Ha ha...I actually have some Red Lobster cheddar bisquits right here that I brought home! So, I will go finish eating now! I hope you enjoyed it... was it worth the wait? :idea: :confused3

:sad: :sad: :sad:

OMG that is so wonderful!!! She looks so happy!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!

Yea!!! You saw it! I am so glad! You guys have a WONDERFUL, MAGICAL trip!

There will be more surprises when you get back. But, honestly, that was the big one. :) But, stay tuned!! :)

Sniffle, sniffle. I am balling like a baby! That was one of the most incredible things I have EVER seen. Amazing! Wow! I can't wait to hear more about the trip!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: That was AMAZING!!!!!!!! I don't even know what more to say... That was just incredible!!!!! SO looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip! :yay:

Ok, count me onto the tears train! That is totally amazing, and Lauren and all the wish kids out there deserve every second like this that comes their way!! I can;t wait to read more about your trip :thumbsup2

That rainbow was just awesome! How great to do that for Lauren's flight! I love that she is old enough to appreciate how special all this is!

Umm, on that note, we leave saturday for DL, so I sure hope you type FASTER! I cannot wait that long to hear about all the fun!

The rainbow is just the coolest thing ever!!!! What a special thing to have! I am really enjoying your trip report. I can 't wait to hear more.

Carol

that was so cool that they made a rainbow for her. She looks so happy and her hair and make-up look so good. I can't wait to hear more.

becca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter