Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

Hey, so I was looking around to see if there was some community group online somewhere for Wish families...and I didn't find any, so I created one! Just putting it out there... I hope it's not against the rules, if it is I'll delete this post.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586937848223317/

I think it'd be awesome to connect to other Wish families in the planning stages, and post trip!! :)
I just requested to join. Great idea

Hey, so I was looking around to see if there was some community group online somewhere for Wish families...and I didn't find any, so I created one! Just putting it out there... I hope it's not against the rules, if it is I'll delete this post.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586937848223317/

I think it'd be awesome to connect to other Wish families in the planning stages, and post trip!! :)
So you already know I joined the group, just wanted to say (not sure if you did or not) to make the group private. I remember reading in my maw packet that they didn't want families posting on social networks about their wish. I would definitely keep access to the group private, especially since many folks use their real names on FB.

I called make a wish about social media. They said it was more for celebrity wishes, because you sign a confidentiality paper. Jackson is in the hospital for crohns complications.

On an unrelated note, I've been curious about the parties at GKTW. Do they serve food at the parties, and if yes, how major is it? My daughter won't be able to eat the food. Are we better off skipping the parties? I know they would love to be at the parks for parades/fireworks.

Most of the parties have some sort of food but it's usually candy or a small dessert. It's not the main focus though most nights. I will say that Sunday (Candyland Party) and Monday (Halloween) feature A LOT more candy than the others. If you have any other GKTW questions, let me know!

Most of the parties have some sort of food but it's usually candy or a small dessert. It's not the main focus though most nights. I will say that Sunday (Candyland Party) and Monday (Halloween) feature A LOT more candy than the others. If you have any other GKTW questions, let me know!

I am glad to hear they aren't centered around food :) my little guy doesn't eat by mouth for right now eather. He is inpatient right now, but going home he will not be eating by mouth. He doesn't mind though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 4

Does anyone know if GKTW has mattress covers they can provide in case of bed wetting? Our almost 9 year old still wets the bed, he won't wear any kind of trainer pant and takes responsibility for cleaning up when we are home, we do have mattress covers at home and I will bring one if needed but wondered if they might have some.

Does anyone know if GKTW has mattress covers they can provide in case of bed wetting? Our almost 9 year old still wets the bed, he won't wear any kind of trainer pant and takes responsibility for cleaning up when we are home, we do have mattress covers at home and I will bring one if needed but wondered if they might have some.

I am not sure but I would love to know the answer to this also!

On an unrelated note, I've been curious about the parties at GKTW. Do they serve food at the parties, and if yes, how major is it? My daughter won't be able to eat the food. Are we better off skipping the parties? I know they would love to be at the parks for parades/fireworks.

If you go to this site it's the Village Guide for GKTW it lists the parties and entertainment events they have individually and has a little explanation of what happens at them, it would be a good way for you to decide which would be worth attending or not. :)

http://www.gktw.org/pre/pdf/village-guide.pdf

Just got a call from one of the wish granters...it's official-finally 100% approved and we got the dates we wanted! No flight info yet, now fingers crossed we get an early flight in and late flight out:goodvibes
She also mentioned that our expense check will include our scheduled Character breakfast at Akershus. Still not sure about tickets to MVMCP but that was dd's main wish so she's pretty sure that request will be approved. Not sure if we can swing those ticket prices on our own. DH is convinced we'd basically be paying almost $450 for "free" hot chocolate and cookies. Nope, he does not understand the "magic" involved the way I do :rotfl2:!

mammaVonna, tell him it's like paying $450 for a 7 day Disney vacation, travel included!!! (considering that'd be the only cost incurred by you guys!:)) That's totally the way I'm looking at it. I wanna really make the best of this trip and make it a "yes" trip as much as possible.

mammaVonna, tell him it's like paying $450 for a 7 day Disney vacation, travel included!!! (considering that'd be the only cost incurred by you guys!:)) That's totally the way I'm looking at it. I wanna really make the best of this trip and make it a "yes" trip as much as possible.
That's a great idea! I've told him already to either say yes or say nothing...not to be mean but he can be pretty grumpy and tends to say no quite often to anything spontaneous, sugar-laden, or fun for the kids but not him. So he has promised to go with the flow and loosen up on the reigns. I've learned to keep my lips zipped on costs of meals and any extras. I'm planning to do the candlelight processional dinner package, and possibly the new Christmas themed character dinner at Hollywood and Vine. Not saying a word to dh about them. Just scheduling and adding it to our itinerary. When the bill comes I'll whip out my ol' trusty gift cards! :rotfl:

I am having a hard time also justifying adding the MNSSHP, with the exchange on the dollar its close to $500 which is $100 per person for us. That's a lot for a party really. I am trying to think of it as a way of adding a day to Disney since GKTW only has 3 day tickets and we could do the party on one of our "off disney" days but it's still a lot of money. I just keep thinking of all the other things it could go to.

If that were the only extra cost we would have to put out then it might be different but it's not. There are other things we will have to pay OOP for also which begins to add up.

I am having a hard time also justifying adding the MNSSHP, with the exchange on the dollar its close to $500 which is $100 per person for us. That's a lot for a party really. I am trying to think of it as a way of adding a day to Disney since GKTW only has 3 day tickets and we could do the party on one of our "off disney" days but it's still a lot of money. I just keep thinking of all the other things it could go to.

If that were the only extra cost we would have to put out then it might be different but it's not. There are other things we will have to pay OOP for also which begins to add up.
This shouldn't be such a tough decision should it?! I'm going to put it on the back burner for now. First I'll tackle back-to-school stuff, school fees, and other kid obligations. Then I'll sit down again and see if I can make it happen. I think you can purchase one ticket at a time. If so, that would make it much easier to attain. One ticket every pay day?? I just know I do not want to use a credit card. We're hoping to buy our first house next year so I don't want to make any unnecessary charges.
I hope MNSSHP works out for you, I've read all over that it's awesome, and better than the Christmas party! However, if it doesn't, the Halloween party at GKTW is supposed to be pretty fantastic too.

Does your chapter pay for something extra? Maybe you can request it then? We are doing MNSSHP. Our chapter said they will pay for one extra thing.

This shouldn't be such a tough decision should it?! I'm going to put it on the back burner for now. First I'll tackle back-to-school stuff, school fees, and other kid obligations. Then I'll sit down again and see if I can make it happen. I think you can purchase one ticket at a time. If so, that would make it much easier to attain. One ticket every pay day?? I just know I do not want to use a credit card. We're hoping to buy our first house next year so I don't want to make any unnecessary charges.
I hope MNSSHP works out for you, I've read all over that it's awesome, and better than the Christmas party! However, if it doesn't, the Halloween party at GKTW is supposed to be pretty fantastic too.

I am not putting anything on credit cards! I try to only use those in emergencies. Unfortunately this seems to be so often lately! We will find out this week if Jackson is having surgery in the next couple weeks looks like credit cards will have to be used! I am so looking forward to my guy having fun and having a break! I know you other mommas can relate!

Does your chapter pay for something extra? Maybe you can request it then? We are doing MNSSHP. Our chapter said they will pay for one extra thing.
That's awesome you guys get to go!! The kids will have a ball! Have you told them yet or will it be a surprise?

I was told they will be covering one character meal so far. Not sure if that's our something extra though. Told them we have no interest in BBB for Tyana because her hair will be braided. Wish I could get in on the conversations between the wish granter and the coordinator (who apparently is the one that makes all the decisions and arrangements...). If it's a toss up between a character meal or the party we'll take that party please! I'm not going to bug our wish granter but I sure would love to know. We'll see.

I am not putting anything on credit cards! I try to only use those in emergencies. Unfortunately this seems to be so often lately! We will find out this week if Jackson is having surgery in the next couple weeks looks like credit cards will have to be used! I am so looking forward to my guy having fun and having a break! I know you other mommas can relate!
It'll be so nice for you all to have a break and time reserved just for fun!

I am not sure if they provide something "extra". His actual wish was to have a birthday party with Mickey and the gang, we are going to be there on his actual birthday, I am not sure how they were or if they were going to try to include that somehow in his trip. I suppose I should ask. His name is Casper so the MNSSHP kinda "goes" with him.

BTW I emailed GKTW about the waterproof mattress cover and heard back. They said they don't normally provide them but they will if asked so they will have one for us when we arrive. If you wanted one you could email to ask them also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter