Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by maroo, Mar 23, 2013.

1. momma31

momma31 Earning My Ears

Thank you so much. we will deff. do most meet and greets at the village. The photopass sounds great. My children would love to be tucked in by Myor Clayton and Mrs Clayton. Sounds like my children are going to be spoiled beyond amagination lol. Im so excited for them.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. newdrama12

newdrama12 DIS Veteran

The meet and greets are awesome!

4. Lilfoot93

Lilfoot93 DIS Veteran

:welcome: So glad your DD gets her wish and that she is in remission! Hope you get the dates you want!

Praying for Jack that he is well for his trip!

:welcome: I have a heart kiddo too. We will be going on his wish trip in June to Star Wars Weekend. I understand the emotions of your child being accepted for a wish. It took me a while to be okay with it. Now I am getting pretty excited for Trev!

I hope you guys have a magical time!! I can't wait to hear all about it when you are back!

Jackie

5. angel's momma

angel's momma DIS Veteran

Sounds fun :)

Have a wonderful trip :hug:

6. angel's momma

There are quite a few families getting ready to go in the next 2 weeks. :goodvibes In case this week gets busy & I don't post much, have a wonderful trip! :hug:

7. NEmel

NEmel Mouseketeer

We had a great night at MK. Even though Carters wish wasnt to go there, they let us go to the front of some lines! We are now on the first bus to the port!! Should be seeing the Dream in about an hour!!

8. NEmel

NEmel Mouseketeer

We had a great night at MK. Even though Carters wish wasnt to go there, they let us go to the front of some lines! We are now on the first bus to the port!! Should be seeing the Dream in about an hour!!

9. Oneplustwins

Oneplustwins Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We had Jacks send off arty this afternoon at Noodles and company. It was amazing! He was so surprised! His wish grantors gave all 3 kids gifts and even hubby and me....lots of snacks for the plane. They made jack a Pooh blanket to take with us. He hasn't let go of it yet!
    Thank you everyone for the racers for him feeling better. He is doing better. More labs and tests Tuesday, but e is doing much better.
    My daughter came down with strep Friday, so praying we all don't get sick!
    We leave in a week and 36 hours......not that I am counting! Lol!
    Welcome to all the new people.
    I am so excited, it is really feeling real now.
    :banana::cool1:

10. Oneplustwins

Oneplustwins Mouseketeer

one last question, we got a lot of information today, but when do we get the welcome packet fromGTKW? I have seen thers talk about getting tht. Thanks!

11. icecreamforbreakfast

icecreamforbreakfast Mouseketeer

We are in Canada so I don't know if that made any difference, but we didn't receive the welcome packet from GKTW until we arrived there. They had it ready for us when we checked in.

Hope you have a fabulous time!!!! :banana::banana::banana: pixiedust:

12. angel's momma

So happy for you! :goodvibes Yay for a wonderful time at MK, and being on the first bus.

So glad the send off party was so wonderful, and that he's feeling better. :) So sorry DD has been sick, hope she's feeling better. Praying the whole family will be healthy for the trip. :hug:

13. LittleEsmom

LittleEsmom Mouseketeer

You will get you're welcome packet from GKTW at orientation :thumbsup2 When you check in they will have a packet too.

14. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu DIS Veteran

Last year at this time we were at GKTW and the memories are still so fresh .. you guys are going to have such an amazing time !!

15. Lilfoot93

Lilfoot93 DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun party!! Praying your daughter feels better for the trip! I hope you guys have a magical time and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!

Jackie

16. Mom2M07

Mom2M07 Mouseketeer

Our MAW chapter has been very guarded with any details about our trip. I emailed them today, since we still don't have our flight information, and was told that we are flying on jetblue, but that they don't release the flight times this far in advance. Um ... we leave in less than 3 weeks! They said that flight times can always change, but i'd rather know and then adjust if something changes. Has anyone else had an experience with their MAW chapter not giving them flight times until the last moment?

17. angel's momma

Julie - As many complications that we had with our coordinator, she booked the flight as soon as we had dates, and gave us the flight info right away. I agree with you that I'd rather know, and then adapt if a change occurs. Any chance that your airport is small enough that there aren't many flights departing & you could get a pretty good idea of your flight times? Sorry they wouldn't tell you - did they say when they would let you know? Did you tell them what you posted here - that you understand it could change but would still like to know?

18. Mom2M07

Mom2M07 Mouseketeer

Our airport is small, but not super small. I looked on the jetblue site and tried to figure out what the times could be. It looks like we could depart around 12:30 (arriving in Orlando around 3:30) or 6:30pm (arriving in Orlando around 9:30pm). I'm hoping that they won't have us arriving at 9:30 at night, wasting our whole first day. On the way back, we could leave Orlando at 9:00am (arriving back home at 12) or 7:30pm (arriving back home at 10:30pm). Again, I'd hate to have to leave GKTW at 6am on our last day in order to make our flight. Whatever it is, we'll make the best of it. I know they want to meet with us to have a "goodbye party" so I'm hoping we'll know in a week or two. Our Wish Granter says that she'll forward us the flight info as soon as she has it. It's MAW that won't release it to her.

19. angel's momma

Julie - I hope you get the flight times that will give you the most time at GKTW. I just remembered that our coordinator called me & asked me if the flight times would work for us before she booked them, and had me write it all down. When we got official confirmation in the mail 2 days later - it was a different flight. :rolleyes: Yay for the upcoming "goodbye party". :)

20. Kirlinale

Kirlinale Mouseketeer

I have a suggestion since I am in the same boat.. If you can find things that fit him - like a Red T-Shirt - got to michaels or Jo-Ann Fabrics and get some disney iron on patches and make your own. I am also a bargin shopper and you can find really good condition plain shirts - Try a Red T-Shirt from Good Will and iron on a Mickey Mouse... You can also get socks (we just found some Disney socks in Walmart).. I have a 90 pound very short 11 year old due to meds for her epilepsy - but also due to issues from her brain tumor... You could really make some neat shirts with an Iron and some puffy paint -

Wal-Mart tends to carry disney themed items in the adult mens section , but, mostly PJ's - Lastly - on Disneystore online you can usually find mens larger sizes on clearance .. One last idea would be Etsy -or go to a embroidery store and have them bling some plain shirts, PJ's etc .. I have seem many places offereing disney items and thinking of doing this for my DD before we go - Embroid Me (a chain that we have here) charges 12.00 to set up - and a few dollars per item to embriod - I just did some towels for gifts and it was really really reasonable..

I hope that helps!
    Nicole
    (we are going on our wish trip on the Dream in June.. I've not had a lot of time to write or update my signature etc.. but will soon:)

21. Kenziema

Kenziema Mouseketeer

Yay we got our reservations.