1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by maroo, Mar 23, 2013.

1. paigestauffer

paigestauffer Earning My Ears

Thank you soooo much! Funny that you replied, I saw your post about FA! Do you guys know Dr. Jakub Tolar? He is my daughter's doctor, she has a FAN1 mutation, MMC sensitivity but not FA. She also has extremely short telomeres which is a DC thing, thus how I met Jakub, he is on the medical advisory board. K is currently doing a danazol trial. Do you happen to know anyone using Danazol? I hope you guys have a magical time on your return trip!

We did not meet her wishmaker today we just went to the room and she wished to spend the day with Stitch :) So we will see!:stitch2:

Thank you so much for telling us about the GKTW button. I really appreciate it!

Paige

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Marsone1

Marsone1 Earning My Ears

Two more days and off to disney world we go.. So as of now we only got the flight details. Meeting with the MAW coordinator tonight to give us our packets.. then everything is set for us..

4. Marsone1

Marsone1 Earning My Ears

Does GKTW give passes to other attractions besides DW, Universal Studios and Sea World?

5. paigestauffer

I found a list but now I can't find it.

Here are the ones I wrote down b/c I thought our daughter would be interested. I was amazed at how many different things you can do thanks to free tickets!!
    Disney 3 day ticket
    Legoland
    Sea World - 1 d
    Universal - 2d
    Aquatica
    Wet n' Wild
    Busch Gardens

Airboat Ride
    Sky Diving indoors
    airplane ride for 2
    Gator Land
    Kennedy Space Center

6. Marsone1

Marsone1 Earning My Ears

Wow that's a lot. We are intetested in the lego land, gator land, and boogie boat rides. I wonder if we can use those on our extended stay..

7. paigestauffer

It is a lot!! From what I read the passes are good for two weeks, so I would say yes. Hope you guys have a wonderful time! I can't wait until we get to go!!

8. alexwick

alexwick Earning My Ears

Hello firs off all....
    I am pretty new to the forum here and have a couple of questions.
    maybe someone can give me some feedback....

1. We stay at GKTW for the usuall 6 nights meaning really 5 days of going to parks.. which seems definetly not enought to even remotely use all the tickets that are offered. Now the good part is that we "only" live like 2 hours from Orlando. Can you ask for i.e. any other tickets like Legoland and wet and wild and use them not while at gktw, but a week or 2 later?
    I guess are there expirationdates on any / or all of the tickets? do you HAVE to give them back not used?​

2. What is the "THE" fireworks you HAVE to see? and is there any "preferencial" seating area provided since staying at GKTW?​

Thanks!

Alex Wicklein

9. alexwick

alexwick Earning My Ears

is there a expire Date on the button?

EDIT: looks like there is.

10. alexwick

alexwick Earning My Ears

mmmhh... doesnt look like in this forum is currently to much going on .... :(

anyways.
    our dates are May 11th till 17th. My 3 year old daughter got Leukemia. and she got recently her wish granted as well...

Trying to plan for the trip! *super excited* :goodvibes

I was wanting to go to Disney's Blizzard or typhoon Lagoon for one day? I see wetnwild on the list... but no typhoon lagoon, even though they are Disney, does anyone know if they are included?

11. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

We stayed at GKTW in December 2010 and we never made it to Universal but were able to use the tickets on another trip to Florida. I don't think you can ask for tickets to every park and try to use them. I can say that GKTW will give you a guide that will offer you discounts to multiple theme parks in the US when you leave.

The fireworks to see are Wishes in Magic Kingdom. They usually close the park with Wishes every night unless there is a ticketed party that night.

::yes::

This thread goes in spurtsÂ… Many of the posters are former Wish families who have a lot going on. It is once to see some of the old time posters come back every once in a while. :good vibes

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope her treatment is going well. princess:

I'm not sure if you can get tickets to the Disney water parksÂ… maybe someone else can answer that.

12. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

Hey Stefani! How exciting that you guys are heading back! I hope Bella (and everyone else) is doing well. :goodvibes

I can't help with crafts but just wanted to wish you a great trip!

Awesome!!!!! Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time!

Oh wow. I'm so sorry to hear that Keira had a recurrence. I'm sure that was a trying time. We still worry every time Juliana has her scans which are yearly now. It breaks our hearts every time we see all the kids in the clinic.

13. Lilfoot93

Lilfoot93 DIS Veteran

We went on my sons wish trip in June. From our experience there is no way to use all the tickets while you are there! You need to decide what is important for your family to see and go from there. Don't forget to spend time at GKTW as that is a magical place too! We came from the West coast so we too only had 5 full days to try and use all the tickets! We did go to Gatorland on the last day on the way to the airport. I do not remember if it had a date on it or not. If it were me I would not take the extra tickets if I were not going to use them while on my wish trip.

As far as the firefworks I am not sure... It rained A LOT (Tropical Storm came through) while we were there and we only got to see one firework show. It was the one at HS. It was a great show though!

Jackie

14. Lilfoot93

Lilfoot93 DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the new families!! I hope those going on their trips soon have a magical time!! And for those just starting out happy planning! Can't wait to hear about your magical trips!!

Jackie

15. mom2pixies

mom2pixies DIS Veteran

Wow--pretty rare. Glad she is doing well now! :)

16. kiddupy76

kiddupy76 Earning My Ears

Hello all. chis is such an amazing discussion forum. My family is going to Florida in october 2014 and most likely staying at gktw. My maw child is my 8 year old son with muscular dystrophy and another unknown syndrome. I also have a 4 year old and a husband. I love reading the trip reports and other info. I cry at least once everY time I check this site out. I am sure I will have questions in the future.
    Thanks
    Evelyn

17. alexwick

alexwick Earning My Ears

We have the bibidi bobbedi boutique scheduled for a Wednesday at 11:00 am . since they will all be dressed up I was wondering of you have any suggestions what to do afterwards.... It is the one downtown, not at MK.

addon:

So i was also wondering if you can get tickets to Water Lagoon, and blizzard beach? Since reports seem to say they do... but the village guide doesn't say so...
    http://www.friendswithfop.com/2013/03/mirandas-make-a-wish-trip-2013/

Also iFLY seems to be an option... do you make a appointment though gktw or through your Dream coordinator? Anybody done this?
    http://orlando.iflyworld.com/flight-info/first-time-flyer

18. dawnp15

dawnp15 Earning My Ears

So we leave March 3rd for our daughter's wish trip, the trip was planned pretty quickly and now we are not able to get reservations for almost everything. One thing our DD and her sister really wanted to do was go the BBB and get their hair done, of course they had no openings already. We are not going through MAW, but a small local wish organization. Do you think they could help us in anyway, or could GKTW help us? It's hard when you don't have control over when you leave on your trip and everything is all booked up :(

19. mom2pixies

mom2pixies DIS Veteran

I would definitely check with your organization to see if there is anything they can do. Did you check with the BBB in Downtown Disney in addition to the one with at MK? If there are no BBB reservations available, perhaps try Pirate's League--the girls can still get girl pirate (pink bandannas, facial gems, nail polish, glitter) and mermaid (sparkle makeup, jewels, sash, tutu, special t-shirt) makeovers there. And, while GKTW isn't exactly BBB, they do have a little spa there that is open every evening. Kids can get manis, pedis and temporary tattoos there. We were there in 2011, but there might be other makeup and hair styling available there now. (?) Still lots of fun for the kids! :)

20. paigestauffer

I would contact your wish foundation as well but keep calling back. Our trip isn't until May and I started calling and couldn't get anything. On subsequent calls I was able to get an 8:15 in the morning appointment so I think repeated calls may yield results. Hoping someone cancels so you can get the girls in!!

Paige

21. spacecanada

spacecanada Mouseketeer

If you cannot get into BBB, try buying a dress and having the girl(s) done up at the Ivy Trellis at the Grand Floridian with the flower girl plus makeup package (princess makeover):
    http://disneyways.com/2013/06/13/ivytrellis/
    I'm sure they will be able to help you out!