1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by maroo, Mar 23, 2013.

1. taliasmom

taliasmom Mouseketeer

Must be a Lucky day, Talia gets her trip, which I know she will love!! And my niece decided today would make a good birthday! Full of gratitude and warm fuzzies today.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JWCJ

JWCJ Mouseketeer

Yay for dates!

4. JWCJ

JWCJ Mouseketeer

They do seem fun... Especially fun with the idea that I won't have to rummage through bags every time Ja wants a snack! She just never reset to normal eating after that first month of steroids.

Boo to the dance recital. I understand how big it is when they can return to activities and start doing normal stuff. Moving the date by one date (have you heard if the tickets are booked?) and the extension are two separate things, though. Don't be afraid to ask. It's worth a shot! If it doesn't work, will the recital have a dress rehearsal a day or two before?

5. JWCJ

JWCJ Mouseketeer

AWESOME! I'm sure Talia will enjoy it and the trip also is an opportunity for your whole family to travel and make memories!

6. ajjwmaw

ajjwmaw Earning My Ears

Taliasmom, I'm so happy for you! What a great day!!

I never ever thought about dress rehearsal, duh!! That will be just as fun for her. I am feeling so much better now! I am normally not such a worrier - I think that I just want to over compensate sometimes since she had to miss out on so much.

7. taliasmom

taliasmom Mouseketeer

Well, THAT is understandable, with these kids its natural for us to over compensate. Dont feel guilty about it though, they deserve it. Dress rehearsal will be great ! What a week for her!

8. Lilfoot93

Lilfoot93 DIS Veteran

Yay for dates!!

Jackie

9. Oneplustwins

Oneplustwins Mouseketeer

Yeah for dates! :)

10. angel's momma

angel's momma DIS Veteran

Your granters & coordinator have been so good though - my guess is that they'll give them to you Tues.(though I'd be anxious for them too). Are the luggage tags the DCL ones? Did you get your cruise documents? We did get our info packet & expense card (but it won't be funded until the day before the trip), but no mention of the cruise documents, and no response from the coordinator when I emailed her. Yay for having 2 parties coming up. Sorry your grandma is back in the hospital, praying for her. :hug:

Yay for dates :cheer2:

Yay! :cheer2: So glad that it worked out. :)

11. Kenziema

Kenziema Mouseketeer

Yay congrats! We will be there from May 24-30!

12. LittleEsmom

LittleEsmom Mouseketeer

Hello All:cloud9:
    We got back home last night from Emma's wish trip to GKTW/Disney World. To everyone yet to go: Nothing can prepare you for this experience! I was blown away. :goodvibes
    [​IMG]
    What a week that we will never forget....pixiedust:

13. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu DIS Veteran

I agree .. it is truly a once in a life time experience !! Glad you had a wonderful time. :goodvibes

14. JWCJ

JWCJ Mouseketeer

Welcome home (although sorry you had to come home, lol)! Glad you had an amazing time and can't wait to hear more!

15. JWCJ

JWCJ Mouseketeer

Happy Easter everyone! I'm just waiting for the girls to settle down so the Easter Bunny can come :-)
    So thankful to be home this year; Ja was diagnosed a few days before Easter last year so we were at the hospital. What a difference a year can make.

16. angel's momma

angel's momma DIS Veteran

Dana - So glad you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to reading about it.

Jo - So glad that you can celebrate at home this year. :hug: We weren't inpatient last year, but are very happy we're not dealing with the issues we were at this time last year.

17. NEmel

NEmel Mouseketeer

18. NEmel

NEmel Mouseketeer

So glad your family had a wonderful time! Great picture and can't wait to hear all about your magical trip! :cheer2:

19. jmerchlinsky

jmerchlinsky Earning My Ears

That is so exciting, we are looking forward to it, Cameron's wish was to go to the "bunny" house as he calls GKTW.

20. taliasmom

taliasmom Mouseketeer

I can't wait for our turn!! I'm glad the experience was so special, I don't want to plan the surprises out of everything! Love your shirts!

21. Kenziema

Kenziema Mouseketeer

Home today with a sick lil M&M. DH was asking me about the rental cars and car seats. Do we have to bring ours or do they provide one?