Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been REALLY nice reading some of the trip reports!

Jackie - I can't wait to hear more! I saw pictures of your children and they are so cute!!! My Kara is a blonde like your two girls!

Today was a normal day, school and work :) I like normal! We go back to Hopkins for Kara's chemo plan. I will have to bring lots of coloring books as she is obsessed with coloring! :goodvibes Then Sunday our "wish friends" as Kara says are coming over! I think I am more excited!

Next I will have to figure out the picture posting so everyone can see Kara "bear" as we call her!

Jackie - I can't wait to hear more! I saw pictures of your children and they are so cute!!! My Kara is a blonde like your two girls!

Today was a normal day, school and work :) I like normal! We go back to Hopkins for Kara's chemo plan. I will have to bring lots of coloring books as she is obsessed with coloring! :goodvibes Then Sunday our "wish friends" as Kara says are coming over! I think I am more excited!

Next I will have to figure out the picture posting so everyone can see Kara "bear" as we call her!

Oh, I love normal days. I love when Ja can go to preschool. (This has nothing to do with the 2 1/2 hours of quiet it provides me... At all :rotfl:).
Alas, (okay, not really "alas" since it needs to happen, but still.....) chemo treatment today (with a week of steroids), and Ja's ANC was down to 500, and usually dips lower after treatment, so no school for at least a week or two.
Looking for the silver lining, maybe this means she'll be tired and stay asleep so W and I can watch hockey in peace, for once. :cheer2:

Glad you had a normal day! I bet she is excited for Sunday!! We have the same nick name for our Kara too :)

Jackie

Jo - Sorry Ja's ANC is down, and she'll miss school. Praying it will be back up very soon. Angel's worried about her ANC, it's been a month since it was checked, and it had dropped quite a bit then. We'll find out Thurs.

Were so excited 6 more days till GKTW...Feb 10th till Feb 16....I wonder if they do anything special for Valentimes day. Does anyone know if we need to brng costues for the GKTW hallowee party, we are sooooo excited

Jo Anna Terry Sarah and Mike:banana::banana::banana:

jas792 said:
Were so excited 6 more days till GKTW...Feb 10th till Feb 16....I wonder if they do anything special for Valentimes day. Does anyone know if we need to brng costues for the GKTW hallowee party, we are sooooo excited

If you guys want to dress up for the Halloween party, then you will want to bring your own costumes. But dressing up isn't required.

angel's momma said:
Jo - Sorry Ja's ANC is down, and she'll miss school. Praying it will be back up very soon. Angel's worried about her ANC, it's been a month since it was checked, and it had dropped quite a bit then. We'll find out Thurs.

We tend to go 3-4 weeks without bloodwork and it stresses me out. I try really hard to watch for the clues that it's down - Ja gets extremely emotional below, say, 700. I'm just watching signs, it must be hard for Angel to sense the changes in her own body. Sometimes it seems like it's all a big game of trust. (Close your eyes and fall...) I'll be thinking of you guys on Thursday and hope that everything is okay.
Good (fingers crossed) news is they immediately scheduled us for bloodwork the day before we leave so I know how many Lysol wipes to pack!

jas792 said:

So close! Hurray!!!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful and magical trip! Can't wait to hear all the details when you get back! :cool1:

Hi Melissa
I am so happy Carter is getting to go on the Disney Cruise.
If Igot to pick the wish that is what I have always wanted to do,
I cant wait to hear all about it
Jo
Do you get a magic button for the cruise too

jas792 said:
Does anyone know how they pick the families for the different parades at DW

Random places and random times. Or at least that is how it was done when I worked for them.

Were so excited 6 more days till GKTW...Feb 10th till Feb 16:

Yay! :cheer2:

We tend to go 3-4 weeks without bloodwork and it stresses me out. I try really hard to watch for the clues that it's down - Ja gets extremely emotional below, say, 700. I'm just watching signs, it must be hard for Angel to sense the changes in her own body. Sometimes it seems like it's all a big game of trust. (Close your eyes and fall...) I'll be thinking of you guys on Thursday and hope that everything is okay.
Good (fingers crossed) news is they immediately scheduled us for bloodwork the day before we leave so I know how many Lysol wipes to pack!

Thank you :hug: I'm surprised you go so long without bloodwork - the chemo kids at our clinic have it done weekly. Angel did too, until Nov., so we're still adapting to waiting so long. Glad you'll know her counts before you leave, praying they'll be great. :)

Only 2 more days till Carter's official wish grant!!! pixiedust: I can't wait!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

It is getting closer, Brook's return trip to GKTW to see her STAR, & take her favorite Aunt to see it too!!:yay:
We are waiting on her Lab Counts, I hope they are okay. She is a little trooper, just a finger stick this time, she hates it when they take it out of her arm, she has been doing this since she was 9 months old, she will be 5 soon.

Yay!! I can't wait to hear all about your magical trip!!

Jackie

It is getting closer, Brook's return trip to GKTW to see her STAR, & take her favorite Aunt to see it too!!:yay:
We are waiting on her Lab Counts, I hope they are okay. She is a little trooper, just a finger stick this time, she hates it when they take it out of her arm, she has been doing this since she was 9 months old, she will be 5 soon.

Praying for great counts.

Wow! I bet y'all are so excited. Have a great time!!!

how exciting!!! The 10th is when we are telling my son and then we leave a week later. I bet the kids are so excited. Can't wait to hear your trip report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter