make a list of things to do,buy, get ready

cornflkgrl said:
Make sure to pack your own first aid kit for your family.
Include:
bandaids
bandages
medical tape
(all of that is for the inevitable blisters)
tylenol and/or asprin
some sort of stomach medicine like pepto bismal
a thermometer
any feminine items
kleenex (the tissues they have in the hotel are like sandpaper)
any prescription meds you need
cough drops

I am saying this because we actually purchased half of that list while on vacation from the store at our resort and it was sooooo expensive. Bandaids were 4.00 a box!!! 2 tylenol were 2.00 in a little package at Epcot.
We ended up getting blisters AND we both got sick before we came home so we ended buying tylenol and asprin AND a thermometer (I had a fever of 104 the last day we were there). If I had brought all this stuff along we could have saved a bundle.

You can buy the little first aid kits for $1 at Walmart or the dollar tree. It has the bandaids and all that, and I was able to fit in a tube of Neosporin and a few more bandaids. Then, I took the meds we might need in a small little ziplock.

cornflkgrl said:
A couple other things from home to bring:

Lithium batteries for your digital camera (if you have one) They are outrageous at Disney.

Extra tapes for the videocamera.

Plug covers for all the outlets in your hotel room to protect the little ones. And any other child-proofing stuff you might use at home.

Bring jackets. Sounds silly because it is Florida but one night while we were there it did get cold and since we are from Alabama and thought it could never be cold enough for jackets we did not take any. It costs 50 bucks for ANY jacket/sweatshirt at Disney.

Some games/coloring books etc. for kids in case it is raining really hard or they get really fussy and need to go back to the room for some quiet time.

If you are going to fantasmic, wishes, etc. get the kids some glo-sticks at Walmart, hide them in your bag and produce them right at that moment that the vendors are going around selling the $20 glo-sticks.

Ditto on the rechargeable batteries and don't forget the charger!

We brought jackets only because it was cold when we left NC, but we NEEDED them for two days of our trip.

The glow-stick trick didn't cut it for my 11yo. The ones they sell at Disney are so much cooler now! They run on batteries and blink and all that.

one of my dd4 highpoints of our last trip was a $1.00 tube of glow sticks/necklaces we bought from the dollar store. she was to scared to go to fantasmic...so her and DW stayed at the bottom of the fantasmic hill and passed out glow sticks to little kids walking past....she still talks about it. :+). Two "older kids" actually came back to her a few minutes later and gave her a couple of Disney Dollars for giving it to them... :+) MAGIC OF DISNEY :wizard:

daddyof2 said:
hi all
could you all help me get a kist of things i should start getting together,buy setup or the like

this is my first trip to DW we (DW, DD5, DS3) will be going on Dec. 4th to 10th :banana:

example of stuff

1 comfortable shoes
2 travel games for kids
3 extra luggage (for kids)
4 extra bag (souveniers)
5 space saver bags?? (do they work is it worth it ??

i cant get too many ideas

(their should be a disney packing list) (is their? :confused3 )

thanks in advance for all the great replys
YOU ALL RULE !!!!

---------------------------

My two cents!!
Daddyof2,

First of all hopefully for your first trip back I hope it’s awesome. That is one of my and MDW’s favorite times to go. I really can give you 4 points that can help your sanity.

1 – Get a couple duffel bags. They roll up small for going down and can hold a lot coming back.

2 – Look into refillable water bottles that have a built in carbon filter. This is so you can refill at any fountain and avoid the sulfur taste that plagues the water in that area. They are about 15-20$ per bottle… but if there are say three of you and each of you go through 4 bottles of water a day ( normally ) your talking 12$ a day for 5 days that’s 60$. Usually more…

3 – If your kids plan to trade pins. The pins down there are about $6.50 each minimum. Sometimes you can get a collection of 4 pins for $20 and that is $5 a pin… but if you look on EBay for trading pins…. You can get bulk packs where you can get then for 3.50 or 4$ a pin… this way your kids would have a collection of pins that they don’t care about as much just to trade away for ones that they want to collect

4 – And MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!! Regardless of what happens… for a minimal cost you can get a lift (bus or cab) to a local grocery store and get whatever you want. So don’t sweat it if you forget something. You can always get it down there. SO DON’T PANIC!!!

If you didn’t pack it then buy it attitude is a life saver for our sanity. Camera’s and the like are different.. But don’t panic if you forget deodorant… or a brush, or toothpaste… at that point.. who cares… relax… go with the flow and you can always get it when your down there.

DisHubby

i feel so much bettr you all give great advice and ideas i think the trip will work out great thanks again

if you live in a cooler weather state leave some extra cash and by swimsuits, sunglasses when they go on clearance at the end of summer. Since you are not going till Decemer wait till you see good sales.

Denise :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

anytime... glad you asked... it'll be info overload.. but you can sort through the replies and take the ones that you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter