Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post updated

I assume that you only putting things on the first page that have been officially announced?

Because you know how much you and I peruse the wdwmagic forums. If you take into account the list you have so excellently produced on the first page of this thread, and combine it with the other things being "discussed", WDW potentially has a TON of things going on:

1) Ellen's Energy Adventure gutted and turned into a large E-Ticket Guardians of the Galaxy attraction with possible walk through area.
2) Major upgrades/improvements to the Mission:Space E-Ticket.
3) Total overhaul of the Epcot entrance and Communicore area - both East and West Innoventions including new experiences and restaurants, as well as removal of the tombstones out front and the addition of trees, plants, more organic spaces all the way through to the front of World Showcase.
4) Removal of Stitch's Great Escape and replaced with an all new Wreck It Ralph attraction in Tomorrowland.
5) Gutting of The Great Movie Ride to be replaced with a true E-Ticket trackless ride based off of Mickey Mouse's greatest moments in cinema.
6) Possible addition of rides in World Showcase.

I believe that in each case, this info has been provided by user marni1971 on the wdwmagic boards. Everyone that visits those boards knows that he has the best connections of almost anyone other than the famed spirit himself (user WDW1974). In fact, if you look at a lot of what he has said lately - and he has been posting a ton recently - there is potentially something big happening with Epcot that could stretch over the next 4 to 8 years, that even has things like Imagination being redone, multiple rides being placed in World Showcase, removal of the Lion King movie in The Land, etc. It was also stated by him (rather emphatically) that somethings may be announced rather soon, and that some of the changes might be occurring simultaneously to when the new Star Wars Land is being constructed.

Typically, I reserve judgement when certain forum members on the wdwmagic boards throw rumors out there. However, with marni1971, he has such a proven track record, that with him I put more stock into what he says. I am excited for what he is hinting at with Epcot, as I expect many of the above things to happen.

I assume that you only putting things on the first page that have been officially announced?

Because you know how much you and I peruse the wdwmagic forums. If you take into account the list you have so excellently produced on the first page of this thread, and combine it with the other things being "discussed", WDW potentially has a TON of things going on:

1) Ellen's Energy Adventure gutted and turned into a large E-Ticket Guardians of the Galaxy attraction with possible walk through area.
3) Total overhaul of the Epcot entrance and Communicore area - both East and West Innoventions including new experiences and restaurants, as well as removal of the tombstones out front and the addition of trees, plants, more organic spaces all the way through to the front of World Showcase.
4) Removal of Stitch's Great Escape and replaced with an all new Wreck It Ralph attraction in Tomorrowland.
5) Gutting of The Great Movie Ride to be replaced with a true E-Ticket trackless ride based off of Mickey Mouse's greatest moments in cinema.

I believe that in each case, this info has been provided by user marni1971 on the wdwmagic boards. Everyone that visits those boards knows that he has the best connections of almost anyone other than the famed spirit himself (user WDW1974). In fact, if you look at a lot of what he has said lately - and he has been posting a ton recently - there is potentially something big happening with Epcot that could stretch over the next 4 to 8 years, that even has things like Imagination being redone, multiple rides being placed in World Showcase, removal of the Lion King movie in The Land, etc. It was also stated by him (rather emphatically) that somethings may be announced rather soon, and that some of the changes might be occurring simultaneously to when the new Star Wars Land is being constructed.

Typically, I reserve judgement when certain forum members on the wdwmagic boards throw rumors out there. However, with marni1971, he has such a proven track record, that with him I put more stock into what he says. I am excited for what he is hinting at with Epcot, as I expect many of the above things to happen.
Yes this thread is only for officially announced projects. I discuss those other topics in other areas of this board.

I personally find marni1971 more reliable then any of them. Spirit just likes to have a platform, and rant. He scatters details in his rants, but of late he has been wrong quite a bit too. Marni just seems like a better source to me of late. And he seems to release this info so much faster than others too. Maybe we need a thread of Insider "rumors"...but if we did that we would have a lot of people claiming the bus driver or CM can't be wrong...

Anyone know why the spires of cinderellas castle are being painted- it appears to be a silver of some sort to cover the blue

Notice of commencement filed to "Install Scenic Elements" for Avatar (MORPHO). The filing references (numbers) 800, 805 and 807 with the following addresses:
LOCATION "1" - 521 W Savannah Circle, Bay Lake, FL 32830
LOCATION "2" - 527 W Savannah Circle, Bay Lake, FL 32830
LOCATION "3" - 561 W Savannah Circle, Bay Lake, FL 32830

The work is contracted to InterAmerica Stage with a expiration date of 12/31/2018 (yes, 2018 is the date provided).
I'm guessing boat ride? Or is this for something else?

What's with the 2018 expiration date? Is that common for projects that are rumored to be open a year prior?

What's with the 2018 expiration date? Is that common for projects that are rumored to be open a year prior?
We don't know what to think of that yet. The land is on pace for 2017 it seems but then all of the permits say end of 2018. maybe it's a just in case type of thing.

Haunted Mansion will be closed for refurbishment November 28th-December 2nd, 2016

Wow. It's the first refurb to affect our post-Thanksgiving trip. I was beginning to think everything would just be open. Silly me! :)

Haunted Mansion isn't a favorite though, so at least we've dodged a bit of a bullet on this one. Hopefully there won't be too many other refurbs announced.

Wow. It's the first refurb to affect our post-Thanksgiving trip. I was beginning to think everything would just be open. Silly me! :)

Haunted Mansion isn't a favorite though, so at least we've dodged a bit of a bullet on this one. Hopefully there won't be too many other refurbs announced.
Gasp! HM isn't a favorite! JK I'm sure others will be devastated. Some are hopeful for hatbox ghost but I wouldn't get my hopes up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter