Major Rumor Marvel in ToT update page 25

I think that most interpret the contract as being limited to characters in use and their family groups. I don't think that GoG is included in the off limits group?

I think the real stickler is the portion that says "No Marvel Action Universe Attractions within 60 Miles of UO"

That's is, potentially, what is keeping Disney from expanding GOTG into Walt Disney World.

Would it not make more sense (if it had to be done) to retheme to Dr Strange. Unless he has some presence at universal I'm unaware of.

Would it not make more sense (if it had to be done) to retheme to Dr Strange. Unless he has some presence at universal I'm unaware of.

Need to wait to see if Doctor Strange is a success. They wouldn't re-theme a ride for a movie that tanked at the box office.

It still doesn't make any sense on any level...

I will never get this obsession with the idea of marvel 10 miles away from marvel.

That...and they arent eager to spend money on new rides...or to break contracts to retheme old ones.

It still doesn't make any sense on any level...

I will never get this obsession with the idea of marvel 10 miles away from marvel.

That...and they arent eager to spend money on new rides...or to break contracts to retheme old ones.
Again this is more likely for DCA than it is for DHS. WDW is throwing a fit because they don't want to pay for it that's why they won't likely get it. DL is a bit more accepting about it. Gaurdians is the one thing they could possibly use outside the contract though that's why it keeps coming up.

Again this is more likely for DCA than it is for DHS. WDW is throwing a fit because they don't want to pay for it that's why they won't likely get it. DL is a bit more accepting about it. Gaurdians is the one thing they could possibly use outside the contract though that's why it keeps coming up.

It can make compete sense in Anaheim...none in orlando

Right. Guardians is not covered in the Marvel/Universal deal. That's how they could show previews of GOTG (and Big Hero 6) in the parks at WDW, but couldn't even have a monorail with Avengers wrap on the Epcot spur (because it enters a park, whereas the Resort Loop does not). The characters from GOTG were not prominent at the time of the deal being made, and there are no depictions of them at Marvel Superhero Island. This is why they probably want to even use GOTG in the first place, because they COULD do it at WDW as well as DLR, thus saving some costs.

They still should NOT do this! Fight the good fight, TDO (for once)!

Technically a GOTG overlay of ToT doesn't make sense anywhere but based on everything I've seen it could be done in Orlando if they wanted.

Right...I meant "marvel"

A tower of terror "overlay" makes no sense on this planet.

It was built as the tower of terror...back when story/theme/attraction were all high priority

I'd rather they tear it down than "retheme" it for a stupid gift cart out front and dumb photos for the glossy crap they keep sending to try and sell more packages/DVC points

This is Disney's own list and on it are attractions such as Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Snow White, Pinocchio, Autopia, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror, Soarin, Fantasmic, the ROA, Mark Twain, Columbia, POTC, and HM. Anything Walt touched automatically is on the list as well as anything opened in the 1990s and earlier. Also micechat is just recycling rumors from other sites that clearly have no inside info. Micechat is the fox news and the wikileaks of Disney and should be closed down.

You do realize that there are no Mr. Toad, Snow White or Pinocchio rides at WDW, right? These so called "untouchables" are GONE. And I'm also pretty sure Walt was long gone before TOT or Soarin' were in existance so why would there be a "opened in the 1990's list". :rolleyes2

Marvel Rumor Update!

A DCA Tower of Terror refurbishment is starting to show up on planning calendars. Closing Sepetember 19th, 2016 reopening in May 2017.

A big pre-show and exterior refurb are on the plans for the project. The financial green light is set to happen in July purposely after Shanghai opens.

A WDW version is still in limbo due to operational and logistical problems so it may not happen.

Last edited:
Marvel Rumor Update!

A DCA Tower of Terror refurbishment is starting to show up on planning calendars. Closing Sepetember 19th, 2016 reopening in May 2017.

A big pre-show and exterior refurb are on the plans for the project. The financial green light is set to happen in July purposely after Shanghai opens.

A WDW version is still in limbo do to operational and logistical problems so it may not happen.

Wow. I'm actually really surprised this is happening. I mean, just... wow.

Marvel Rumor Update!

A WDW version is still in limbo do to operational and logistical problems so it may not happen.

UGH.

I'm curious how popular tower is at DCA since I've never been. Obviously, particularly with half of DHS behind walls it has more significance, but I know the Florida one is always drawing a healthy crowd

I'm curious how popular tower is at DCA since I've never been. Obviously, particularly with half of DHS behind walls it has more significance, but I know the Florida one is always drawing a healthy crowd

It's popular enough but the overall theming isn't as good as Florida and the ride itself is missing the segment where the car briefly navigates down a hallway before entering the drop shaft.

It's popular enough but the overall theming isn't as good as Florida and the ride itself is missing the segment where the car briefly navigates down a hallway before entering the drop shaft.
Yeah the DCA version only has the drop shaft no vehicle movement.

Fair enough, was wondering if maybe due to other newer offerings at the park if its attendance was petering off. Of course we know the ultier (and cheap) motive to this overlay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter