Major Rumor Marvel in ToT update page 25

I am not a troll, I am serious. And if I were CEO I'd close down Star Wars land on both coasts and change the ROA back to its normal self along with selling off Marvel and Lucasfilm. Walt is spinning in his grave and the parks need to be run either his way or not at all. Walt forced his own personal tastes upon guests and whoever is in charge needs to do the same and not purchase other studios IP.

I mean, you sounded only slightly delusional before, but now.. no offense.. you're just plan out wrong. Disney is going to dominate with their recent IP acquisitions.

Again how do you know this? How would any of us know if Walt wouldn't like Star wars? I still am wondering where this magical list and year 2040 came from.
I have family who knew him and they all agree that he wouldn't like Star Wars or Marvel invading his parks. He would've been a DC fan if at all and had he lived long enough he might've very well been a Trekkie, but TOS premiered only a few months before he died. And that 2040 stuff is theoretical just to say that those attractions are untouchable. Disney parks are museums, and Walt even said they were "living museums."

Latest run down on this rumor with the new micechat article out today.

Guardians of the Galaxy seems very likely at Disney California Adventure. The ride there is supposed to close in fall 2016 and reopen the following May with the major refurb making it part of the Collector.

Tower of Terror in Disney's Hollywood Studios is not as likely for this fate. The overall consensus among independent sources would be it's a temporary overlay at DHS rather than a full redo.

With the micechat update it seems the marvel coaster coming to DCA would also go in a different area than originally planned and be slated for 2020.

Just read the article off of a Facebook post from a friend that's a CM at ToT. A bunch of other cast members are commenting. None of them know where any of this rumor is coming from, as no one is, or has done any tests.

In fact, one of them goes off on how Al Lutz just writes complete garbage to drive Disney fanboys to the site, and get them frothing at the mouth. LOL.

Just read the article off of a Facebook post from a friend that's a CM at ToT. A bunch of other cast members are commenting. None of them know where any of this rumor is coming from, as no one is, or has done any tests.

In fact, one of them goes off on how Al Lutz just writes complete garbage to drive Disney fanboys to the site, and get them frothing at the mouth. LOL.
This rumor isn't new it's been around since I started this thread, micechat is late to the game however.

I think certain users need to...chill...:)

giphy.gif

I think certain users need to...chill...:)

giphy.gif

24921049.jpg
Fixed it for you. Batman & Robin is better than Frozen and GOTG (DC is better than Marvel in every way). But anyways, this is not going to happen at all and everyone who says it is needs to chill. Tower of Terror is never changing and the Twilight Zone theme will never leave.

View attachment 166391
Fixed it for you. Batman & Robin is better than Frozen and GOTG (DC is better than Marvel in every way). But anyways, this is not going to happen at all and everyone who says it is needs to chill. Tower of Terror is never changing and the Twilight Zone theme will never leave.
Let's stay on topic please. This is a Disney forum in a thread about a marvel rumor not about which comics are better.

Sigh... If Toad is untouchable then why did it leave WDW?

Anyway, it's sounding more and more like DL will get the GoG and WDW might get an overlay. I can't picture how an overlay would work in an old Hollywood hotel.

I do. DC is better than Marvel, period.

Absolutely, DC is better than Marvel. DC's second character is better than anything Marvel has. But to my point...

I hope hope hope that Indy is also right about the stupidest idea I've ever heard: A GotG overlay on ToT. That is truly nuts. It HAS to be a rumor gone wild.

ToT is built to be what it is: a runaway elevator. Turning it into anything else will just be like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Stupid idea.

ToT is built to be what it is: a runaway elevator. Turning it into anything else will just be like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Stupid idea.

I agree. If they were to do this, it would say something about Disney rides. It would say, "Our headliner rides are not thoroughly immersive, custom-designed attractions which tell timeless stories from the ground up ... they're nothing but shallow facades on which fairly meaningless, trendy attractions can be swapped out or bolted on according to whatever our spreadsheets tell us are the latest whims of the box office."

The resemblance to cheap facades on a fly-by-night carnival would NOT be coincidental.

Nothing wrong with travelling carnivals ... but a carnival atmosphere at top dollar requiring years of saving and and months of detailed planning?

Iger is starting to look like a wandering carny huckster who got a flat tire and had to stay in town a lot longer than he planned.

Disney used to be so careful about the theming in their lands. ToT really fit into that old Hollywood area in DCA.

How the heck does GotG fit A) thematically or B) into a runaway elevator?

Disney used to be so careful about the theming in their lands. ToT really fit into that old Hollywood area in DCA.

How the heck does GotG fit A) thematically or B) into a runaway elevator?
Well in DCA they are supposed to create a marvel mini-land in that area. As for DHS it of course not as likely to happen there but if it does that could lead to a retheme of that whole area.

This is getting bigger. Local news outlets are even picking up on it and reporting hat this is happening. My local news reported it this morning. I can't imagine Disney is very happy at all about that.

Well in DCA they are supposed to create a marvel mini-land in that area. As for DHS it of course not as likely to happen there but if it does that could lead to a retheme of that whole area.

I didn't think Hollywoodland was all that big to begin with. How much could they possibly be doing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter