Major Rumor Marvel in ToT update page 25

I can only see Disney using Guardians or some more obscure characters unless they've cut some kind of amazing deal with Universal. Universal has been spending a lot of money on updating attractions so I doubt that what they have is going anywhere for now.

I can only see Disney using Guardians or some more obscure characters unless they've cut some kind of amazing deal with Universal. Universal has been spending a lot of money on updating attractions so I doubt that what they have is going anywhere for now.
Agreed. Unless Disney paid up for a character that universal isn't using currently like Thor. I'm very interested to see what happens here.

Well....

Disney is apparently considering killing ToT... For Guardians of the Galaxy.... Yeah...

Disney doesn't want to pay for rights to twilight zone anymore and they figure the younger generations don't know what the twilight zone is....

Fast tracked for 2018. Spirit days Star Wars will open in Disneyland in 2018 but not until 2020 in DHS.

Well....

Disney is apparently considering killing ToT... For Guardians of the Galaxy.... Yeah...

Disney doesn't want to pay for rights to twilight zone anymore and they figure the younger generations don't know what the twilight zone is....

Fast tracked for 2018. Spirit days Star Wars will open in Disneyland in 2018 but not until 2020 in DHS.

Wow what a bummer if this actually happens. ToT is one of my favorite rides and the theme is a big part of it. I am not a big fan of GoTG but if they were to retheme say RnR, I wouldn't mind.

Time for a riot, fellow Mousketeers!

Besides that fact that ToT is one of the 5 best attractions at WDW, and that an old hotel has nothing to do with GotG whatsoever, it's stupidly easy to drop the Twilight Zone affiliation and still keep 99% of the spirit of the attraction.

And... wow... I mean, how much can the licensing fee be for the ancient Twilight Zone?

Time for a riot, fellow Mousketeers!

Besides that fact that ToT is one of the 5 best attractions at WDW, and that an old hotel has nothing to do with GotG whatsoever, it's stupidly easy to drop the Twilight Zone affiliation and still keep 99% of the spirit of the attraction.

And... wow... I mean, how much can the licensing fee be for the ancient Twilight Zone?
Disney can surely afford the licensing fee. They have for 20 or more years. It's just that Disney would rather not have to pay for anything.

Well....

You know, if anybody else had suggested that rumor, they'd have been laughed right off the board.

I find it hard to be!ieve they'd close ANOTHER attraction at DHS ( and a headliner at that) before the 2 new lands open. But then again they've done a lot of things recently that I think are boneheaded.

You know, if anybody else had suggested that rumor, they'd have been laughed right off the board.

I find it hard to be!ieve they'd close ANOTHER attraction at DHS ( and a headliner at that) before the 2 new lands open. But then again they've done a lot of things recently that I think are boneheaded.
Nothing with Disney surprises me these days...

Well....

Question to no one in particular ... does Disney know that in the same park they are also paying money for the privilege of featuring James Cagney, Gene Kelly and Johnny Weissmuller?

But I can answer the question for myself:

"Holy Frozen Overlay, Batman! I guess the Joker's gotta do something to keep people from buying 2-day MYW passes for the next 4 years and spending the rest of their vacation at Universal Studios Gotham!"

Uhm... I don't know. They probably are working on a Marvel expansion for DCA. They already moved the characters over there, so it just seems like the next obvious step. As far as Hollywood Studios goes, yeah, they could use Guardians of the Galaxy which is arguably the most successful story that Universal doesn't own the rights to, but then again, is it too similar to Star Wars for it to actually work?

As for ToT, I really don't think so... I mean, it's a quite popular attraction. It would be much easier to make a new storyline or simply replicate the Tokyo version. I can see something happening to Rock 'n Roller Coaster, but I'm not too sure about Tower of Terror.

Uhm... I don't know. They probably are working on a Marvel expansion for DCA. They already moved the characters over there, so it just seems like the next obvious step. As far as Hollywood Studios goes, yeah, they could use Guardians of the Galaxy which is arguably the most successful story that Universal doesn't own the rights to, but then again, is it too similar to Star Wars for it to actually work?

As for ToT, I really don't think so... I mean, it's a quite popular attraction. It would be much easier to make a new storyline or simply replicate the Tokyo version. I can see something happening to Rock 'n Roller Coaster, but I'm not too sure about Tower of Terror.
I agree but spirit doesn't post unless he has good info and honestly Disney loves IP these days so it wouldn't surprise me.

I agree but spirit doesn't post unless he has good info and honestly Disney loves IP these days so it wouldn't surprise me.

Guardians isnt good enough.

And I think people (including the suits) are WAYY overestimating marvel long term appeal. It's high now...but it will ebb and flow. Not the same history as Star Wars has had and I think they're angling to strangle that goose too.

ToT is my favorite. The theming the mystery the excitement and the fact that it's a different ride each time. I would be so sad.

I'm a little confused. Is the rumor that they are going to re-theme TOT to have a GotG theme? Or are they going to close it down, demolish it, and build something entirely new?

ToT is my favorite. The theming the mystery the excitement and the fact that it's a different ride each time. I would be so sad.

Here, here

Another wet fish across the snout of longtime fans.

Just pointless...

"Well I wasn't gonna buy your low grade sweatshop produced Marvel tshirts every 15 feet...but now that you slapped some signs on the drop tower...I'm in for 10!!!"

Just tired and in bad taste.

I'm a little confused. Is the rumor that they are going to re-theme TOT to have a GotG theme? Or are they going to close it down, demolish it, and build something entirely new?

10 years ago they cloned it and put it in every other park...so does that not mean they consider it a "classic"?

This is one of the more bizarre rumors I've seen propagated by mr salty.

Guardians isnt good enough.

And I think people (including the suits) are WAYY overestimating marvel long term appeal. It's high now...but it will ebb and flow. Not the same history as Star Wars has had and I think they're angling to strangle that goose too.
I agree even though I haven't seen the movie. Bob gets what Bob wants though unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter