Major Disney Guys Just booked our first DCL Cruise

Skipster

Earning My Ears
So we do to Disneyland almost every weekend, collect pins and Vinylmation. and are excited that we just booked our first Disney Cruise to Mexico from Oct 2nd-9th We came across the site cause we didn't know if we would be inundated with kids or strange stares from families. But after reading many post about what to expect from here. It looks like it will be smooth sailing for us. I have only been on gay cruises from Atlantis. But my partner and I are looking forward to a nice relaxing cruise with Mickey. Whats the best way to find out of any other gay couples going on the cruise?

That's so exciting! I'm sure you guys will have a great time. I'd love to be able to visit Disneyland every weekend. I'll be heading there in March!

As for finding other couples, you could keep an eye on threads here. People are usually posting trips they are doing. More than likely you'll find another couple going.

P.S. Take me with you!? ;)

Having an anuual pass with no blockout days is a wonderful (yet expensive thing) And we live in San Diego which is a couple of hours away. Thanks for the info. only 8 months and 1 week to go till our cruise on the wonder

If you want to get fancy make yourself a ticker to countdown your trip! I have a friend in Irvine and he has the SoCal AP which has a ton of Blackout dates. If I lived down there I'd for sure go for the one with no Blackouts.

Maybe I'll run into you guys when I'm down there. I'll be the obviously Canadian looking fellow *snicker*.

When you go on your trip you'll have to make sure you share photos with all of us!

Having an anuual pass with no blockout days is a wonderful (yet expensive thing) And we live in San Diego which is a couple of hours away. Thanks for the info. only 8 months and 1 week to go till our cruise on the wonder

Congrats on your upcoming cruise! My partner and I want to try it out one of these days and head down to Castaway Cay.

We're big DL fans but living in Dallas, we only get to go 2-3 times a year. I hear they're changing the AP's from an annual pass that expires after 12 months, to a Membership Pass where you pay a monthly installment that never expires. This would be for everyone, not just Southern CA people. I hope that happens so people like us can get AP's and not have it hit our pocketbook so harshly. Shelling out 1000K at once isn't fun.

Congratulations on booking DCL! You are going to love it!

The staff wont even bat an eye! As for finding other couples, just hang in the lounges, you will make friends pretty easy there....pirate:

Being in Dallas is good, for the reason that you can choose between WDW and DL, My partner and I haven't been to WDW together yet. To bad Disney hasn't secured an island off of Mexico like castaway cay. Oh do you guys know if they have pins on the ships? Logan and I are pin-aholics (its actually kinda scary, even to us) Or vinylmation? That would take up one of the "at sea" days pin trading lol. Thanks for all the info guys, its good to have a resource to chat with other Disney Freak gay guys (looks like there is a number of us)

Oh do you guys know if they have pins on the ships? Logan and I are pin-aholics (its actually kinda scary, even to us) Or vinylmation? That would take up one of the "at sea" days pin trading lol.

There is some pin trading, but not as much as in the parks. They usually have pin trading in the atrium every night, with the ship's officers getting into it on the last night as well.

I did see some Vinylmation in the shops, but not much.

Oh do you guys know if they have pins on the ships? Logan and I are pin-aholics (its actually kinda scary, even to us) Or vinylmation? That would take up one of the "at sea" days pin trading

:rotfl2:

My condolences on both accounts!

Translated, yes, tons of pins and Vinylmation! Not so much trading, but for sale yes!

Just got off the Wonder on Sunday, I saw a lot of gay couples, male and female, in passing and at Cove Cafe and the Outlook Cafe. I didn't give them a second look and it appeared no one else did either. There is way too much going on around you to get all sidetracked by other passengers. Once in a while there could be some over exuberance, but if you keep to the adult areas, that is usually non existant.

There are pins that are DCL specific and a lot of Mexican Riviera specific. And I saw some Vinylmation, even some of the 12 inch tall (?) ones. I think there were a lot more of them on in MAy, there was some Cruise Mystery ones, IIRC.

DCL has announced that they will not stop in Mazatlan due to crime concerns so there are currently 2 stops in Cabo. THat may change once the Wonder returns to CA later in the year, but don't be surprised if your itinerary changes.

Bon Voyage! I always have the best vacations on a cruise, I hope you do too.

It is very easy to find other gay couples on the cruise, just look around and you will find them. LOL

I usually spot them in the bars, lounges or looking for my photos at shutters. We just got off the PC cruise and there were several with kids (some older, some younger).

Congrats on your upcoming cruise! My partner and I want to try it out one of these days and head down to Castaway Cay.

We're big DL fans but living in Dallas, we only get to go 2-3 times a year. I hear they're changing the AP's from an annual pass that expires after 12 months, to a Membership Pass where you pay a monthly installment that never expires. This would be for everyone, not just Southern CA people. I hope that happens so people like us can get AP's and not have it hit our pocketbook so harshly. Shelling out 1000K at once isn't fun.

If that happens, that would be awesome to get an AP for a monthly cost. Heck, if they did that for WDW that would be even more awesome. WE too live in Dallas, and have cruised and gone to DL. We love it, of course.

To the OP, you will love it. There are plenty of adult only spaces on the ship. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Enjoy yourselves :)

So we do to Disneyland almost every weekend, collect pins and Vinylmation. and are excited that we just booked our first Disney Cruise to Mexico from Oct 2nd-9th We came across the site cause we didn't know if we would be inundated with kids or strange stares from families. But after reading many post about what to expect from here. It looks like it will be smooth sailing for us. I have only been on gay cruises from Atlantis. But my partner and I are looking forward to a nice relaxing cruise with Mickey. Whats the best way to find out of any other gay couples going on the cruise?

I'm a bit late to the party but we'll make sure we keep the Wonder ship shape for you. My partner and I disembark on the 2nd after bringing her back from Vancouver and then staying on for the first Mexican Riviera.

We were also "every weekend at D'land" while we lived in L.A. Moving south of the border has put a bit of a damper on that BUT we still do our best to get up there when we can.....like mid March!

Hopefully you'll love DCL as much as we do....Nos. 8 and 9 coming up in September!

Michael

Definitely pins on the ships (and I haven't been - I've just learned! lol)
Congrats on the upcoming trip! Another weekend DL regular, here, with my partner. Perhaps we'll run into you sometime. As pin freaks, what kinds of events do you attend in Anaheim? It's a much bigger thing in Orlando, so I sort of just gave up on it here at home but I'm open to learning more!

We have only been to one of the Pin trading Nights, That was a Blast, but takes a bit of Courdination Driving up From San Diego. Other than that we like to stand out in front of the Pin Store in FrontierLand, and Run through the park looking for Cast Members with Lanyards. I have to Admid that we have been Leaning more towards Vinylmation lately, Our Last trip to Dland was Being VERY successful in Getting 11 out of the 12 Star Wars Series 1 (just minus the chaser) and a Cargo hold of new pins, If we went a few months with out Vinylmation or Pins I'm sure we could actually afford bigger trips.

And book the aerial tram and zip line tour in Costa Rica. We did it on the Panama Crossing of the Wonder at it was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter