Maingate blackout July

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by Musings, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Musings

Musings Mouseketeer

They don't release blackout dates for the summer this early do they? My question is they usually have the week of July 4th blacked out for maingate passes, correct? I am asking because one of my family members is assuming she can use one of my passes that week and I am guessing that it is not only the day of July 4th it will be blocked out.

And EDIT: Does anyone else have the problem of family members just assuming they can use more than one of your tickets, not realizing you only have six? While also planning their vacation depending entirely on your tickets? I am finding some of my family is doing this or attempting to do this without talking to me about it first.

2. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

July blocked outs won't be listed for awhile, we're only through May.

Yes, 4th of July is typically blocked at most parks (maybe not DAK). For the last 2 years, MK was blocked for nearly the entire month of July. My family is visiting late July and I've already told them I can't get them into MK.

I have a general rule - I'll get you in if you're coming to visit me and I'll be accompanying you in the park. But if I work that day or they're coming on their family vaca, no free entries from me.

Be warned, they are watching Cast getting guests in, especially in Costume. You're okay to get in immediate family, but the CM is expected to accompany extended family and friends for the entire day.