Main Street Bakery Reopening?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by wicked.witch.of.wdw, Jan 31, 2013.

1. bluedoggy

bluedoggy Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear about change to Main Street Bakery. That has Always been a MUST DO everytime we go to MK. But we hate Starbucks coffee... way to strong and bitter. :( But as long as we can get the traditional items that have been featured at the Bakery, we can drink juice or water and have our coffee before we arrive.

Starbucks... way over rated... IMO Only 3 months to go till we get more Pixie Dust :tinker:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

I'm so looking forward to getting a chai latte (tea for those who don't know) and one of Starbucks' amazing scones. This change can't come soon enough for me!

4. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

I think that all coffee tastes bitter and don't drink it but coffee lover friends tell me that the Starbucks blonde roast isn't bitter. Maybe it would be worth a try? :confused3

5. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

The blonde roast is only lightly roasted. Starbucks isn't burnt like many people claim, it is extremely strong which gives it that bitter taste. Also you can try asking for a shot of vanilla in their regular blend. It adds a light sweetness that takes away that bitter taste.

6. kenfamepcot94

kenfamepcot94 Earning My Ears

all coffee does not taste bitter just the

7. TLSnell1981

TLSnell1981 Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine

Bummer.
    My favorite version is at Christmas..cheggnog (chai eggnog latte)with a cranberry bliss!:santa:

8. TLSnell1981

I prefer an Americano or the Itailian roast... No sugar, cream or flavors. They are strong but not bitter. IMO

9. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Oh sweet mother that sounds delicious! Why haven't I hard of it before?!

I'll regret reading this when I pack on more holiday weight than usual!

10. Fredericks44

Fredericks44 Earning My Ears

I have heard that the cinnamon rolls are in fantasyland now, at gastons. I have also heard the glaze has been changed to maple syrup glaze... My hubby is going to be one unhappy camper if the latter is true!

11. TLSnell1981

Thank goodness, they only h.ave them at Christmas. They are not on the menu, but still quite popular.

12. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

I've heard that as well. I think they also said they were available in the circus area? I haven't heard if those are the same glaze and the maple is just at Gastons though.

13. stephsu95

stephsu95 Earning My Ears

We had the cinnamon rolls (they also have chocolate croissants) at Gaston's last month and they do have a maple-ish flavor but the roll itself was as good as the bakery. I like the new glaze myself. The ham, egg & cheese croissants are on sale now at Tommorowland Terrace along with many other options.

You can search this info and get a menu from the Disney Food Blog. First post so it won't allow me to link it.