Mailing Postcards from Castaway Cay

Felicia Bryant

Felicia
What has your experience been in using the postal service on CC? Have they been open when you visited? Did your post cards actually make it to their intended destination? Would you just mail post cards when on Naussa? I was thinking about giving post cards as FE's but if the mailing service is shorty I will think of something else!

What has your experience been in using the postal service on CC? Have they been open when you visited? Did your post cards actually make it to their intended destination? Would you just mail post cards when on Naussa? I was thinking about giving post cards as FE's but if the mailing service is shorty I will think of something else!
We mailed 5 postcards home from Castaway Cay. 4 of them took up to 5 months to arrive (I believe the first to arrive was something like 6 weeks). The 5th card has never shown up.

To mail cards from either CC or Nassau, Bahamian postage is required.

The post office on CC runs on Bahamian time. Meaning, it may be open, or it may not.

In our experience, mail from locations outside the US tends to take longer than you expect it to.

I've enjoyed getting postcards in our FE that were pictures from the giver's home location.

I have never mailed anything from CC, mainly because I've never seen the post office open before. But last week it was open when I got off the ship (first thing) AND when I headed back (around 2).
My sister mailed me a post card once and I got it about 3 months after she was back. LOL. Island time!

we mailed post cards Easter 2013 the cards showed up right before christmas...no joke

We were on the Dream in January and the post office was closed. Guest Services offered to take them and have them mailed for us. They even charged the postage to our account which saved having to cash a larger bill for two post cards.

We were at Castaway on January 11th and one of the post cards arrived at its destination middle of this month while the other hasn't arrived yet.

We have never done it ourselves, so I can't give any personal answer. But, based on reading the board for many years, seems like the cards always get where they are going but they must go by way of the moon they take so long! Seems like kind of a cute thing to do, though.

We have been on two Disney Cruises and we have never seen the CC post office open

Planning a cruise with Girl Scouts for next summer. It would be neat for each of the girls to mail themselves a postcard from CC and see how long it takes for each one to arrive.

Thanks Everyone! I think I am still going to give postcards as part of my FE but will add something else to it and let each person decide on mailing them on their own!

We mailed postcards from CC in June. Buy stamps at Guest Services on the boat and drop them in the mail slot at the post office on CC - even if closed. We got them about a month later. All three we sent arrived at the proper place. Be sure to put "USA" on them.

Reactions: TAK
We wanted to mail postcards from CC last week but the post office was closed. My mom ended up mailing them from her home in Florida on Saturday and they arrived here in VA today (Monday)! Much timelier and my 4 year old certainly didn't notice that his post card from Mickey (saying thank you for cruising with us, etc) wasn't post marked from the Bahamas, lol.

It was a little over a month before our grandkids all got theirs but all 7 of them plus a couple other friends did finally get them. You have to remember what the managers name is though.

DSC_7772.jpg

We cruised with DCL for the 1st time in Feb. ..... the post office was open, so we purchased 2 post cards. I just heard that one of was received today (March 9th ... not too bad compared to other stories) As far as I know, the other post card is still in the mail. :) We will do it again when we go in Feb 2016.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter