Mailing Box to Ship - How Big is Too Big?

mousemom11

Wild Women Do Disney and They Don't Regret It!
I've read the FAQ about mailing a box to the ship with requested dimensions of about 12x12. However, due to the size of some of my FE gifts, will they accept a box that is larger as long as it weighs less than 20 pounds? It looks like I will need to use a box that is 32x9. Will I be OK?

Can you check the box as part of your luggage? Depending on your airline, it could be cheaper to check it than to ship is! Are you overnighting at a hotel first? Can you ship it to the hotel rather than to the ship?

I've read the FAQ about mailing a box to the ship with requested dimensions of about 12x12. However, due to the size of some of my FE gifts, will they accept a box that is larger as long as it weighs less than 20 pounds? It looks like I will need to use a box that is 32x9. Will I be OK?

Hi!

I would say yes they will except it. I e mailed DCL and asked and they told me that it if fits through the door it can be sent. I am sure within reason. My box was almost 30LBS and about 24X14. I know of someone that mailed the snokal things and that was delived to the room to.

Hope this helps.;)

Hi!

I would say yes they will except it. I e mailed DCL and asked and they told me that it if fits through the door it can be sent. I am sure within reason. My box was almost 30LBS and about 24X14. I know of someone that mailed the snokal things and that was delived to the room to.

Hope this helps.;)

Thanks for the reassurance. I was worried that if the box was bigger than their recommendations, they might send it back and then I'd be in a pickle.

Kcashner, I may end up just packing another duffle bag and checking it since we're flying SW and wouldn't even have to pay for it. The reason that I was thinking about mailing a lot of the cruise stuff is that the cruise is a surprise for our DD's and I didn't want them seeing it ahead of time and spoiling the surprise. Maybe I'll bring the duffle to work with me and pack it there. That's the ticket! Thanks for helping me sharpen up my sneak skills. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter