Mail

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Mamalisa58, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Mamalisa58

Mamalisa58 Mouseketeer

I dropped a card in the mail slot at the Poly on Wednesday. When I arrived home today I found the stamp I meant to put on the card. Do you think Disney put a stamp on it for me?

2. SarahKate

SarahKate DIS Veteran

If you dropped it into a US mail slot, I highly doubt it. The cast members likely don't even see the mail before it goes to the post office.

3. Mamalisa58

Mamalisa58 Mouseketeer

It was not a USPS box. Just a slot that said "mail". I am hoping someone at the Poly sprinkled some pixie dust on my card.

4. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Yes, and the local post office picks it up directly, as the PP stated, which is the USPS (United States Postal Service). They wouldn't put a standard mailbox in the lobby of each resort, because it wouldn't match the overall decor, so the USPS agreed to a certain design that was acceptable to denote the mailbox, but not stand out like a sore thumb.

5. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

I hope you have your return address on it, so they can return it to you.

The other scenario is that they deliver it to the correct address with a "postage due" statement with it, so whoever received it will have to pay the $.44 cents. I've had this happen to me in the last year.