magnetic dots fun kit??

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by DaniB, Jul 30, 2011.

1. DaniB

DaniB DIS Veteran

My kids were watching the Disney/Family channel this morning, and one of those "as seen on tv" ads came up.

It was for a magnetic dot kit of some kind.... different colored "pens" that released "magnetic colored dots". You dragged (or dotted) the pen along the board and it released the magnetic dots. Comes with stencils. 3D glasses.

Has anyone seen this ad? Do you remember the name of the product or it's website? I thought I would remember the webpage address, but I forgot. I've been googling but can not find it.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cglaura

cglaura DIS Veteran

4. Sarahlovy

Sarahlovy Mouseketeer

5. DaniB

DaniB DIS Veteran

No, I'm afraid that's not it. Though it does look kind of neat as well! And no multiple pieces/dots to go missing.

On the one I'm referring to, the "pens" actually releases magnetic "dots". The colored magnetic dots match the color of the pen. Once the kids create something, they can wipe all the magnetic dots into a slot that sends the dots to a sorter on the backside. Which then lines them up to be put back into the co-ordinating pens again.

6. Sarahlovy

Sarahlovy Mouseketeer

Could it be PixOs? http://www.pixos.com/
    While they are not magnetic, they fit all of the other descriptions that you gave of it...

7. cassandrap83

cassandrap83 Only 3hrs from the Magic :)

8. rszdtrvl

rszdtrvl DIS Veteran

Looks neato, but also like a lawsuit in the making. Unfortunately.

:)

9. dawnn12

dawnn12 Mouseketeer

looks cool im thinking stocking stuffer(is it bad im starting to look for christmas presents)

10. MommyBoys46

MommyBoys46 Earning My Ears

Hi,
    My son wants the same thing, its

asseenontv dot com (its called magna color) it won't let me post the link though.

Hope that helps!
    :banana:

11. LJSquishy

LJSquishy DIS Veteran

I was looking at the Magna Color the other day. It looks pretty neat...but as the other poster said, a lawsuit waiting to happen. LOL Which is totally ridiculous.

I wonder how well it really works?

12. Friendly Frog

Friendly Frog DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

I would not want something like that in my house if I had pets or small children.

13. TheMorgans

TheMorgans Mouseketeer

As an ER nurse I feel like I have to speak up, even though they do look fun, HOWEVER small magnets can be deadly if a small child or a pet were to swallow them. If two magnets were to line up on opposites side of the walls of the digestive tract the magnets will be attracted to each other resulting in severe medical condition or even death.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/...t-to-do-if-your-child-has-swallowed-a-magnet/

Just my 2 cents....