Magnet Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by lovethatmouse28, Jan 14, 2011.

1. lovethatmouse28

lovethatmouse28 Earning My Ears

I am begnning to work on our door magnets with 20 more days until we cruise the dream. This will be our very first cruise so I am new at the magents thing. 2 questions...what is the size typically used for the magents? and do you print them at home or send them to a place like CVS to print them?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ssanders79

ssanders79 NO FLASH photography means just that!

I send my graphics to print at target 1 hour photo. Then get adhesive magnetic sheets at michaels.

Here is a post I did a while back with my steps

4. MODisneyfan

MODisneyfan DIS Veteran

I had mine laminated at a print shop and then bought a role of magnetic tape. Worked great and was really reasonable

5. mrp4352

mrp4352 DIS Veteran

I print mine at home onto cardstock. Last time I kept them small and used my xyrex laminator on them - this cruise, I don't think I'm going to laminate them. I use the business card sized magnets from the office supply store and attached them to the back. They're lightweight and strong enough for the doors inside the ship.

6. HannahNoahMommy

HannahNoahMommy Mouseketeer

I was just thinking about this earlier. Also wondering about the size typically used.

7. jcriket

jcriket DIS Veteran

I was able to print ours at home, on our printer, and a magnet paper we bought at staples. I'm not sure if all printers will do this though. The paper might tell you on the label if your printer will work or not.