MAGIC's 2016 Westbound Transatlantic - September 17-28

My DH and I will be on the cruise as well. We chose to stay at the W Barcelona, arriving the day before the cruise.

We chose the TA versus the Member Cruise, mainly because of the destination. Given we're from Canada, it didn't make sense for us to do a cruise to places in Canada. Now, despite the TA going to Sydney and Halfax, the fact it starts in Barcelona, goes through Gibraltar and to The Azores, makes it well worth it. New York City is a nice bonus as my DH has never been there. We'll meet up with friends in Sydney and Halifax.

Welcome aboard :)
We still need to book hotels in Barcelona & New York. We still don't know if our Son will be sailing with us, don't really want to pay for triple rooms if we only need doubles.

I managed to get an ocean view on Sunday, which is what we wanted. We have done two Eastbound transatlantics on the Magic but thus will be our first westbound. It will be nice to gain those extra hours instead of losing them.

Deck 1. Stateroom

Hello, going on our first translantic cruise. We normally have stateroom on deck 6 or 7 with a veranda. But due to cost ($800 saving) we opted for deck one with port hole. Has anybody stayed on deck one?

I haven't stayed on deck one but a friend did and said they liked it. They said in the morning the sun reflecting on the waves made pretty patterns on their ceiling.

I realised I never updated on here. I found someone to share with (hooray!) so am definitely coming on the cruise. Please can I be added to the roll call? Will be my 6th DCL cruise, 1st one without the kids, and I can't wait!

Hi all, DH (41) and I (39 turning 40 on the cruise!) will be joining you all. :) DH is English and I am from Argentina and we currently live near Portsmouth, England. Spending 3 days in Barcelona before the cruise and 4 days in New York afterwards. This will be our 5th DCL cruise. Look forward to meeting you all!

Hey All,

Was curious to see if anyone will be staying around Plaça de Catalunya before the cruise? My mom, her best friend and myself are staying at a hotel right in that square.

Hi everyone! We booked this trip our 6th disney cruise and 2nd WBTA a present from our father and mother! We are a "big" family from Argentina and we'd love to participate in the FE!!!
My sister Flor wrote this last september so far we don't know who is doing the FE. We also request to be part of the blue logo group.

#6016 Johnnie (dad 74y), Alicia (mom 68y) & Nati (daughter with special needs 39y)
#6014 Gonzalo (husband 42y), Flor (daughter 38y) and Franco (boy 4y)
#6024 & #6026 Ramiro (husband 42y), Ale (daughter 41y), Tommy (boy 13y), Bauti (boy 9y) & Maxi (girl 7y)

(Note: years are at time of travelling)
Hope to see you all in Sep 2016 onboard the Magic!!

Hi All,

We have booked our first Disney cruise, and our first TATL cruise, for this trip. I'm new to this forum, so I'm still getting to know all the rules, tips, etc. Looking forward to our group of 3 (we in our mid-30's, DS will be 4.75 years old) experiencing the Disney 'Magic' after many fun trips to Disneyland here in SoCal.

-C

Flight is booked, so I guess we will be joining you on WBTA. We had a great time on the 2015 WBTA BCN-MIA, so we booked the 2016 WBTA while onboard.
It is a great, relaxing vacation.

We are 4 (DS 8 & 5) from Toronto.

Barcelona is a fantastic city. Easy to move around. Lots to see and experience. We encourage everyone to fly in early and check it out.

Anyone else finding the NYC hotel prices crazy post cruise? We might have to eat into our Marriott points.

Mark, Darlene, Finn & Keats

Hi there my family just booked this cruise and we are super excited! It's myself clarice my husband Eduardo our daughter Savanah and our son Landon. I had a few questions as I read through the posts. What is roll call? I also wanted to see if someone had organized the FE for this cruise. If so who is in charge and how do I get our family added to participate. Lastly it seems as though there is a fb page also how do I get added to that. This will be our second Disney cruise. The last one we did was oct 2015. We had. So much fun we booked this one before we got off the boat! We look forward to meeting you all.

Question to the group - does anyone know why all of a sudden there are lots more rooms available on this cruise? I went from having the choice between two rooms to six, and now there are lots of other categories available that were previously showing Sold Out. My PIF date was a month ago, so I didn't think that people could cancel past then...?

Regardless, I'm happy because I got to move us to a better room location on the ship!

Question to the group - does anyone know why all of a sudden there are lots more rooms available on this cruise? I went from having the choice between two rooms to six, and now there are lots of other categories available that were previously showing Sold Out. My PIF date was a month ago, so I didn't think that people could cancel past then...?

Regardless, I'm happy because I got to move us to a better room location on the ship!

My PIF date isnt until tomorrow 5/19. I'm assuming people changed their minds before final payment and booked onto a different cruise, freeing up rooms.

My PIF date isnt until tomorrow 5/19. I'm assuming people changed their minds before final payment and booked onto a different cruise, freeing up rooms.
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that there were different dates; it all makes sense now.

Hi I like to roll call myself and my best friend and her little boy 8years super excited . London

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter