Magical Express to AKL

katieandrob

Earning My Ears
Does the AKL share a ME bus with other resorts? About how long does it take to get to the AKL from the airport?

There is no set route for DME buses. They are dispatched/routed according to the need at any given time. Most folks on these boards agree to figure about 90 minutes from getting off your plane to arrival at your resort via DME.

we shared with pop which is the first stop. the ride was about .5 an hour from the airport.

Always plan on it taking 90 mins, from gate to resort. It will most likely take less time than that, but better safe than sorry.
I've taken the DME to POP about 4 or 5 times. AKL has always been on that route. Only one time did the bus go to AKL first..most of the time, it was the third stop. BUT....routes are not etched in stone. You may very well have a very different experience.

Always plan on it taking 90 mins, from gate to resort. It will most likely take less time than that, but better safe than sorry.
I've taken the DME to POP about 4 or 5 times. AKL has always been on that route. Only one time did the bus go to AKL first..most of the time, it was the third stop. BUT....routes are not etched in stone. You may very well have a very different experience.

Agree, plan on 90min. Our AKL trip took 45 min, but we got lucky. There was no wait to get on the bus and the bus took off quickly from the airport. AKL was the 3rd stop (this was 2006), 1st POP, then CSR and then AKL.

Our YC bus trip took close to 90 min from plane arrival. We had quite a wait in line, then a wait for the bus to take off. YC was 1st to drop off, so that was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter