Magical express late at night

spritna

Mouseketeer
we are flyn in about 9pm at night. When we get on magical express, i guess well get to our resort about 10-10:30. How long will it be for our luggage to show up? Are they going to come to our toom at 1am? Do they keep it at luggage storage till morning? Thanks

we are flyn in about 9pm at night. When we get on magical express, i guess well get to our resort about 10-10:30. How long will it be for our luggage to show up? Are they going to come to our toom at 1am? Do they keep it at luggage storage till morning? Thanks

Expect luggage approximately 3 hours after checking in at your resort, so yes, around 1-1:30a. You can request that bell services hold your luggage until the morning and bring an overnight bag with pjs and toiletries, or retrieve your luggage yourself prior to boarding DME (this is what we do when we have a late flight as I like to be unpacked and settled ASAP).

We recently had a similiar schedule- arrived at MCO at 9pm. We didn't get to our hotel until 11:00 (stayed at WL). We decided not to use the luggage tags and I'm so happy we did. It was nice to have our bags, unpack and hit the ground running in the morning. It does take a little extra time at mco, but we felt it was worth it.

My plane is landing around that time as well, and I plan on getting our own bags. I'll feel better just grabbing dinner and going to sleep upon arrival, instead of waiting up for our bags. If I were to have Magical Express pick up our bags for us, I'd ask them to hold the bags till morning and pack the essentials in our carry-ons so we wouldn't have to wait up for our luggage. As it is, though, I think it's simpler and more convenient for us to get our own bags.

I believe they have a window that is 3 hours later. Sounds pretty inconvenient! I would imagine when you check in that this would be discussed with you and you could tell them come or come later.

Other options are:

Just pick up your own luggage at the airport and take it to the bus with you. Don't use the tags so it isn't diverted to ME before you see it.

Or pack a carry on with your stuff for the night and have your bags delivered in the morning.

Or pack a carry on with your stuff for the night and have your bags delivered in the morning.

This should be standard operating procedure any time anybody flies anywhere. Magical Express is fantastic at transporting luggage - much better than airlines.

At AoA, we were told that typically if they don't have your bags delivered by midnight, they hold them until morning. (If you specifically request them, I believe they will bring them, though.) I imagine this could vary from resort to resort.

Last June when our flight was delayed and we didn't get to the resort (POR) until about 10:45pm we got a call around 12:30am letting us know that someone would be bringing us our luggage from bell services. I just crawled out of bed and opened the door when he knocked. If our kids would have been with us we would have requested the luggage to be held until the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter