MAgical Express in July???????

Jeanine3kids

Mouseketeer
So Folks what does everyone think of ME in July I am arriving in Disney on Monday July20 my flight lands at about 9:30am. I usually take Tiffany town car however, Iam trying to stay on a budget this trip. My husband is worried we are going to wait forever for ME and we have 3 small children ages 7,5,3.

Does anyone have a suggestion????????????

Should I bite the bullet and just go with Tiffany or should I save 110 and go with ME??????????

We have been going to WDW the second and third weeks, in June, for the past few years. We have taken Magical Express every time. We also, in years past, have arrived on a week day, like you are.

We never had a problem. I would say that I waited in the line, to check-in and get our tickets, about ten minutes, and I don't think we have ever waited any longer than ten to fifteen minutes, for a bus.

I say save the money. One of the benefits of staying on property (to me) is being able to use the free transportation.

Have a happy trip!

On average it takes 90 mins..Sometimes less sometimes longer.ME is fine if you are trying to save the money..Me I am impatient and go with the Towncar everytime...I can stand in lines when I get to Disney:)

Save the money, spend it on the kids in the parks. I've only done the express once, in Sept., so not a fair comparison, but there was little wait and the kids thought the bus was fun.

Once you get on the bus, on your way to the resort, they play a video of the Disney characters welcoming you and telling you about all of the fun you're going to have.

There are screens all throughout the bus. I think it would help keep your kids entertained during the ride!

Trust me, you'll wait longer in lines in the park than you will for ME.

We took ME for our spring break trip and waited about 10 minutes for the bus to arrive. Once we were on the bus we waited another 10 minutes and we were on our way.

From the time we stepped off the plane until the time we walked in the doors at Pop Century was 72 minutes. A town car would have saved us maybe 10 minutes. Not worth $110,

ME is just as (if not faster) than any rental car or car service I’ve used since 2001. My family ONLY travels to WDW either the last week of July or the first week of August. It took maybe 20 – 30 minutes from the airplane to the ME bus. During our last trip in early August 2008 it took maybe 10 minutes in the line for check in for ME (the line was full). The bus was already there waiting. It took my family longer to use the bathroom and gather our things (from carry on) then it did from the airplane to the bus. And like other posters have mentioned who can beat FREE!! No worries - Hakuna Matata

Has anyone ever had a problem with there luggage and ME????????

Pretty much all of the luggage "prombems" I've ever heard about stem from people not knowing what to expect.

It will take about 3 hours for your luggage to get to your room. It's possible (although not likely) that it will take a little longer than that. Always pack everything you will need for the first 24 hours in your carry-on. You should always do that anyway, since it is possible for the airline to lose your luggage.

Which brings me to my second point. If the airline delays your luggage, it won't matter, because if you're using ME, you don't need to stand there forever waiting for your bags. If the bags were misdirected, ME will start the process of getting them back for you.

Here is my only word of warning - we typically come in late night so there are usually only a few people in the line -- the first time I came in during the morning and saw the line I thought oh no - IT WAS LONG - all the way through the queue. But let me tell you it moved fast! It was probably just as fast as it was a night with fewer people.

Anyway just to let you know - no need to freak out when you see the huge line of people. I will be in it myself on Friday!

Liz

We used ME for the trip we just got back from & it was so hassle-free! We were on a bus within ten minutes and at our resort in about an hour - we had stops at 2 other resorts first. Once checked in, we were off to Epcot & our bags were waiting in our room when we got back that night.

Even better was ME on the way home when combined with the resort airline check-in. We received our boarding passes and luggage tags that morning, dropped our bags off in the resort lobby and Disney took care of getting them to the airport. We had a late flight out so all we had to do was stash our carry-ons with bell services and get them before we got on the ME bus.

We went last July right around the same time as you are going this year and it wasn't bad at all.

I think that we waited at the airport about 15 min to board the bus and then we were off. Check in at the resort was alright. But the ME drive was fine.

If it were me and I was on a budget I would just stick with the Magical Express.

Have a great trip!

I would ay it depends where you are staying. The line at the airport for ME has been fine (other than the very first time we used it right around the time they started it) and even waiting for the bus typically hasn't been too bad. However, the last time we went, we did wait 30 minutes from when we got on the bus until it left which IMO was unacceptable. We were the first on and they waited until it got full to leave. This is the only time I have ever experienced this. In general, we have been very frustrated with AKL and Beach Club stays and ME. They make WAY too many stops and BC and AKL are the end of the run. The last time we used ME, it was over 2 hrs from landing to resort arrival which is just too long, IMO.

So Folks what does everyone think of ME in July I am arriving in Disney on Monday July20 my flight lands at about 9:30am.

My DH and I will be arriving at about the same time! We have used ME several times in the past and the service has been great. Of course, I am not travelling with small children, but we have never experienced long waits. Your time on the bus will depend upon what resort you are staying in. When we have stayed at the Pop, it has always been the first stop. This trip, we will be at the WL, so I am not sure where that is on the drop off list. I say save the and ride the bus!
We have never had issues with our luggage either. Always arrived on time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter