Magical Express and cruise the next day

Sleepyluke

DIS Veteran
Alright this is my screw up and I admit it, but i am leaving in the morning and realized last night that our magical express only has 2 luggage tags and not 4. We need 3 and it is too late to get some more. The website says that I can just give them my bag claim info at the ME desk at MCO. Have any of you done this? I know this is more of another thread question, but getting on the boat changes things greatly since my room is now moving at sea rather than on land and just get it to you the next day. Have any of you ever had any issues with the ME not getting you your bags when you did not have the correct ME luggage tags? Thanks very much

Could you make a color copy of your ME luggage tag and attach to your suitcase?

Alright this is my screw up and I admit it, but i am leaving in the morning and realized last night that our magical express only has 2 luggage tags and not 4. We need 3 and it is too late to get some more. The website says that I can just give them my bag claim info at the ME desk at MCO. Have any of you done this? I know this is more of another thread question, but getting on the boat changes things greatly since my room is now moving at sea rather than on land and just get it to you the next day. Have any of you ever had any issues with the ME not getting you your bags when you did not have the correct ME luggage tags? Thanks very much

Are you referring to ME to one of the WDW resorts, or the DCL transfers?

If DCL transfers, they usually send two luggage tags for each person on the reservation. The ones they send do tend to stick together, and it can appear that there are only two, so you might want to check them carefully.

It is the ME and not DCL. We have 4 for the DCL to pick us up at the resort, but only seem to have 2 for the plane ride and luggage to resort part of the trip. I have adjusted and messed with them off and on for an hour last night and can't seem to get the 3rd and 4th ones to magically get unstuck....

Thanks for the help! It will be fine, i will ride with the suitcase in may lap if that is what it takes to go see the mouse again. Having withdrawals....

Oh, and I thought about the color copy, but don't know if it will work becuase the bar codes are different and they say 1-2 and 2-2, once I looked hard enough at them.

I really thought it was 4 becuase they seem so long, I just assumed the fold in the middle was the break for the 4, but they are connected and all numbers match on both ends....

I've not had a problem with getting my bags from ME when they didn't have the tags on them. Make sure you have your bag claim tickets to give them when you check in with ME.

And don't forget - if you decide it's less stressful, you can always claim your bag and carry it on ME with you.

Have a lovely trip!

Do not make a copy of the tags! They are coded and once scanned, the number will not be accepted again. You could easily lose a bag. Magical Express only sends out 1 tag per person now. You can request more but unfortunately this has to be done days in advance. You can still ship the bag, you would just have to go to baggage claim to retrieve it! Have Fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter