Magical Express and babies...

AussieAngel

DIS Veteran
Hi everybody! :wave2:

So other times DH and I have been to WDW, we've travelled from the airport to our Disney hotel by Magical Express, which I LOVE!

This time though, we'll have our 7 month old baby with us...

Do people normally take their babies on the bus with them, and just hold onto them? I don't know that I'd be comfortable with that. Are there any other options?

Just thought I'd ask how other people do it! :)

Hi everybody! :wave2:

So other times DH and I have been to WDW, we've travelled from the airport to our Disney hotel by Magical Express, which I LOVE!

This time though, we'll have our 7 month old baby with us...

Do people normally take their babies on the bus with them, and just hold onto them? I don't know that I'd be comfortable with that. Are there any other options?

Just thought I'd ask how other people do it! :)

That's all you can do, there's no seat belts for a car seat. I'd be more concerned with the park busses. If you are worried, I would rent a car.

Yup, you hold them there is no reason to stress over it. It's different than what your used to but really, you'll be fine. :thumbsup2

The new DME busses do have seat belts but I'm not sure what the policy is regarding that.

"Are car seats and pets permitted on the Disney Magical Express motorcoaches?

No. Car seats must be stowed underneath the motorcoach. (Children can sit on an adult's lap or occupy their own seat.)

And while service animals may travel on the motorcoach with their owners, no other pets are permitted."

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/airport-service/#subCategory12

The buses to the parks don't have seat belts either.

Okay, thanks everybody! :thumbsup2

I'm 6 months pregnant at the moment and this is our first baby... So when we'll be there in Oct, our baby will be 7 months old.

At the moment we're in the middle of buying a pram and carseat, and making sure everything is safe and secure... So I think that's why I'm wondering about carrying babies onto the Magical Express! It seems lots of people do it and it's perfectly fine... No worries then! :)

It's a coach bus, so seatbelts are not usually used. And FYI the park buses are like public transportation buses.

Okay, thanks everybody! :thumbsup2

I'm 6 months pregnant at the moment and this is our first baby... So when we'll be there in Oct, our baby will be 7 months old.

At the moment we're in the middle of buying a pram and carseat, and making sure everything is safe and secure... So I think that's why I'm wondering about carrying babies onto the Magical Express! It seems lots of people do it and it's perfectly fine... No worries then! :)

Congratulations! I think you'll be more safe riding on the ME bus than in renting a car and driving on unfamiliar roads. Lots of people ride the busses with children, babies, older folks, you name it! Good luck on that flight from Australia!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter