Magical Express and babies...

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by AussieAngel, Dec 31, 2012.

1. AussieAngel

AussieAngel DIS Veteran

Hi everybody! :wave2:

So other times DH and I have been to WDW, we've travelled from the airport to our Disney hotel by Magical Express, which I LOVE!

This time though, we'll have our 7 month old baby with us...

Do people normally take their babies on the bus with them, and just hold onto them? I don't know that I'd be comfortable with that. Are there any other options?

Just thought I'd ask how other people do it! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

That's all you can do, there's no seat belts for a car seat. I'd be more concerned with the park busses. If you are worried, I would rent a car.

4. RMAMom

RMAMom DIS Veteran

Yup, you hold them there is no reason to stress over it. It's different than what your used to but really, you'll be fine. :thumbsup2

5. IlovePiglet

IlovePiglet Mouseketeer

The new DME busses do have seat belts but I'm not sure what the policy is regarding that.

6. livndisney

livndisney DIS Veteran

"Are car seats and pets permitted on the Disney Magical Express motorcoaches?

No. Car seats must be stowed underneath the motorcoach. (Children can sit on an adult's lap or occupy their own seat.)

And while service animals may travel on the motorcoach with their owners, no other pets are permitted."

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/airport-service/#subCategory12

The buses to the parks don't have seat belts either.

7. AussieAngel

AussieAngel DIS Veteran

Okay, thanks everybody! :thumbsup2

I'm 6 months pregnant at the moment and this is our first baby... So when we'll be there in Oct, our baby will be 7 months old.

At the moment we're in the middle of buying a pram and carseat, and making sure everything is safe and secure... So I think that's why I'm wondering about carrying babies onto the Magical Express! It seems lots of people do it and it's perfectly fine... No worries then! :)

8. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

It's a coach bus, so seatbelts are not usually used. And FYI the park buses are like public transportation buses.

9. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

Congratulations! I think you'll be more safe riding on the ME bus than in renting a car and driving on unfamiliar roads. Lots of people ride the busses with children, babies, older folks, you name it! Good luck on that flight from Australia!