Magical EBTA 2016

A friend of mine just returned from London Sunday - She went to the Harry Potter Exhibit and said it was not to be missed if you are a Harry Potter Fan. (I am). She said it was very easy to get there via tube/train/shuttle - everything was very easy to find and follow and it was well worth it to go - you get to tour on your own so you can take your time and really enjoy everything. Thought I would pass this along in case anyone was considering going.
Lynn

I can't believe I am posting this, but I am. We have to cancel this cruise! We booked this when we thought the Ohio house would surely sell, but it hasn't. We took it off the market today. I sure hope to meet you all again, cruising or at WDW.

Bobbi

Bobbi,
So sorry you won't be joining us, but I completely understand. I just hope you can get your house on the market again and sell it!
Meg

My husband and I will be on this cruise. I will be booking it on the EBPC in 12 days. We will also be on the Norway trip following. Then we will spend 12 days in Scotland and then get back on the boat and do Iceland.

Hey Bobbi
I am so sorry and sad to hear about your house =I was really wishing it would go for you. So sad you had to cancel the cruise! I hope to cruise with you again as I enjoyed spending time with you and Tom and was looking forward to doing so again. Don't be a stranger - I love chatting with you and hearing all about your wonderful trips!
Lynn

Lynn, it's just more than we could handle now, but, hopefully we will be on the same cruise or be at WDW again at the same time in the future. I really enjoyed meeting you, and chatting like this.

We are on this cruise as well! It will be just DH and I and we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary. This will be our second TA. We did the EBTA in 2010 and it remains our favorite cruise to date...with Alaska as a close second. We are Platinum CC members (13 for me, 12 for DH), DVC members (OKW, HHI and BWV) and our DS works at WDW full-time. We'll probably go play in the parks with him for a few days before we sail.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

It will be nice to sail with another Michele-with-one-L. There aren't many of us around. :)

We will have just celebrated our 25th before this cruise!

Once we know for sure where we will be living, we will be buying air from Icelandic. We will learn more about the no charge for overnighting in Iceland!

Does anyone here have knowledge about going to see the WWII memorials? We have the book as I said before, and a tour company is mentioned that will meet people at the train from Paris, but I want to know if it is best to overnight near the sites. We would prefer to stay in Paris and do a 1 day trip from there.

Is anyone else planning to go to Disneyland Paris?

Yes, I will join the Champagne tasting.....I would really like that!

Bobbi

There is so much to see in and around Normandy that I highly recommend getting out of Paris to spend at least a full day sightseeing. Plus, the people are MUCH nicer than in Paris!

A friend of mine just returned from London Sunday - She went to the Harry Potter Exhibit and said it was not to be missed if you are a Harry Potter Fan. (I am). She said it was very easy to get there via tube/train/shuttle - everything was very easy to find and follow and it was well worth it to go - you get to tour on your own so you can take your time and really enjoy everything. Thought I would pass this along in case anyone was considering going.
Lynn

I have been to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - how this is called official - this summer and it was amazing!! Well worth every penny. Please keep in mind that you have to book the tickets in advance. You can go by train and shuttle but you can also take a tour from downtown London - a bit more exepensive (and you will be limited in the time you can spend in the exhibition), but it looks very convenient (we went by car).

Hi folks,
Lynn (WDWEPCOT) made some research for your cruise and I pinned the links to the first pages - so you can find them easier. If someone else wants to post me something or change something please let me know (via PM, right here or in a private conversation). Even if I am not anymore on this cruise - I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for uploading all the information! We will make great use of it over the next few months. As I do my research I will also let everyone know if I find anything good.

Hello everybody!

We just booked this cruise. It will just be my mother and myself. This is our first transatlantic cruise and after the cruise we are spending 6 days in London and then flying back to Disney World to finish off our trip there for a week. We are so exited to meet everyone.

Hi there!

My husband and I are very much looking forward to this cruise! This will be our 4th cruise with Disney and it just gets better every time :)

We're planning to take the train (eurostar?) from Dover to Paris and stay there for a few days after we've disembarked. We've never been to Disneyland Paris so we're super excited about that too. I haven't figured out how to get ourselves there yet (from the port to train station to Paris) but we've got a few months to do some serious research.

Cheers and hope to see you all soon.

Michelle & Mark

:welcome:Pygmypuff07 and Krisie! Please see the first page of this thread to help you with your planning! If you find any helpful links - please post. Our cruise will be here before we know it!
Paris sounds so wonderful - I hope you have a great time at Disneyland Paris! I am doing 5 days in London after the cruise and I am trying to fit a ton of things to do in London. I will need a vacation from my vacation! Just so much to see and I hate to miss something! I know I won't get everything in - but I sure am going to try! :rotfl2:My family will be worn out by the time I am done! The two days in Disneyworld will be a relief to them! Have fun planning!
Lynn

Does anyone find it unusual that cruise fish has 0% availability for this cruise? In american dollars, anyway. It's showing Euro and Pound prices, but all categories have the US dollar price crossed out.

In the meantime, it's cleared up. Now showing 44% of the categories have at least one room available.

Last edited:
Princess I noticed that yesterday too. Today it is showing 44%, and the only USD ones crossed out also have pounds and euros crossed out . It still seems odd since last week it showed 75% I believe.

Glad to hear it cleared up. I would be astounded if the cruise filled to capacity. Never heard of cruise fish. Is it an app?

Bellecruiser it is a website that shows % availability for cruises, and also price changes. http://www.cruisefish.net
So last week it went from showing 75% availability to 0 to 44%. It's also now showing the first price increase for our cruise. I still find it curious that 30% of the cruise filled within days after no change for months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter