MAGICal Cruise to....Nowhere! 10/25/13

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by Silverfox97, Feb 1, 2013.

1. boogabuzz

boogabuzz DIS Veteran

Help me decide!!!

We are booked on the 11/15 Magic western. It will be a Christmas cruise. I'm trying to decide if I should book this little 2n preview for my DS(5) and myself. My DH won't be able to go since he's taking time of for Nov cruise.

The IGT rate is under $500! I took my son and a friend to Chuck e cheese the other day. We were there for 3 hours and I spent $75. Ugh....I think I'd rather spend my money on a cruise! My issue is weather or not I would be bored since I won't have any other adult with me. DS will spend most of his time at Oceaneers. Anyone else just a party of 2(1A1C)??

Also, I called DCL today and they informed me there WILL be Halloween activities on this cruise. Anyone have anything to add?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

My spouse called DCL last night and a friend of ours staying in concierge asked shoreside concierge and they said no Halloween festivities. It doesn't make sense to have them if this is a preview cruise.... I'd love it, don't get me wrong, but I think you got bad information....

That being said, those IGT rates are incredible - I would go for it for sure!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

4. boogabuzz

boogabuzz DIS Veteran

Shoreside concierge has been known to give out bad information too. Just read the other thread about some misinformation they gave out. Just sayin...

I went ahead and booked it! The price was too good to pass up. Not much more than I spend on entertainment and food on a fun weekend!

5. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Halloween stuff or not, it's going to be fun!!! See you aboard!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

6. boogabuzz

boogabuzz DIS Veteran

Absolutely!! It will be great to see what she looks like before they deck the halls! And this means that our Nov cruise will turn is platinum!! Yay!

7. Disneyfalcon

Disneyfalcon DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

I'm on this cruise! It's my 12th (although some don't count towards my status) so I'm still gold until this one (maybe?) or our Thanksgiving cruise on the Fantasy!

No family this time, just a girls cruise. There's three of us. :)

I was on the Magic this summer for a Med cruise, can't WAIT to see her now.

I'm not planning on sleeping, just taking pictures all day and night. :cool1:

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

8. hkeller27

hkeller27 DIS Veteran

Cruising to Nowhere with the girls!!! There will be none of the sleep and all of the fun!!!!!

Can't wait!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

9. Disneyfalcon

Disneyfalcon DIS Veteran

Heather is with me! :)

I forgot to say I'm Tammy!

10. *Flower*

*Flower* Needs to Win the Lottery!!

Welcome aboard Tammy and Gals! We're going to have a great time- even without sleep.....:rotfl2:

11. Disneyfalcon

Disneyfalcon DIS Veteran

Lol! Woo hoo!! :banana::banana::banana:

12. hkeller27

hkeller27 DIS Veteran

Thanks, *Flower*!! Sleep is sooooo unnecessary!! Coffee (or coke, I got your back Tammy), however, is not!! :cool1:

-Heather

13. Disneyfalcon

Disneyfalcon DIS Veteran

Coke is most definitely not!!

Can you imagine the heaven I would be in if they put coke zero on tap?!!!

A girl can dream. :)

14. WVURunner

WVURunner DIS Veteran

Well my DH and I cancelled this cruise a few months ago in favor of a September trip to the World and we had a great time. I couldn't talk my hubby into booking again after the IGT rate came out but got my Mom on board!

Looks like it will be a Mother/daughter cruise! Can't wait to the new magic!

15. KellyJeanDVC

KellyJeanDVC Firm Believer in Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

I'm a single Mom, so I'm always the only adult when we travel :)

It will be just me and my 15 year old daughter. I also have a 17 year old son, but he doesn't want to take time away from work and school to go. I love DCL when traveling with the kids. The kids are always entertained and there are still so many things I can do to enjoy myself.

I'll admit, my first DCL cruise had me all mopey in my room those first few days. The kids were younger then (5 and 7) and I was not prepared for how much time they would spend in the clubs and I wasn't used to being away from them. But I found the spa rather quickly and made up for lost time :thumbsup2

Now that they are older they love the teen clubs and it is a way they can hang out with "friends" on a vacation without me actually having to bring one of their friends.

Let me know if you would like to meet up at some point. It would be fun to get a group of adults together for one of the martini or wine tastings or something.

16. Me76

Me76 Earning My Ears

I just booked this cruise for a quick getaway for me and my DD before she turns 18 in March. She's never been on a Disney cruise, this will be my 3rd (Just got off the Fantasy a few weeks ago).

Is the FE closed? I was hoping to give her the full Disney experience! :D

17. MousyMe

MousyMe Earning My Ears

Hi, booked this 2-night getaway with DH late last week. Very excited!

Maythe

18. *Flower*

*Flower* Needs to Win the Lottery!!

Congratulations! And welcome aboard-

19. gramfrog

gramfrog Mouseketeer

Welcome to all the newest cruisers! :grouphug: We are going to have a two night blast!!!! pixiedust:

20. ksinglet

ksinglet Oh Yeah - Platinum!!!!

Is the list finalized? I'm ready to pack up my stuff. Now if only it was time to leave!

21. FellowCollector

FellowCollector Platinum Castaway, Silver Latitudes, 14 Cruises (6

My husband and I have seen the Fish Extenders on our 6 previous Disney cruises, and want to participate on the 2 Day to Nowhere. Can we still be added to the FE list? Thanks!