Magic Your Way Pass and Free Dining

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Can I do this...
I'm arriving on a Sunday at a discounted rate at YC I have the reservations (deeply discounted) through the following Monday (8 nights). This will be for two of us.

However, starting that next Thursday, I have another room booked at YC for 4 nights with Free Dining (it was a bounceback)....at a fantastic rate for 5 people)(and I was going to cancel the last four nights on my discouonted room) . Now, I don't think that my kids will be joining us, so just me and hubby.

In all reality it makes sense for me to cancel the free dining room room which was $3000 and now would be $2000. But $2000 is a high price for two people for 4 nights. ($3000 for 5 people for 4 nights with FD is a bargain).

But....my question. If I buy an 8 day pass on the discounted room, would WDW let me slide and not buy the 2 day pass with the FD room (and thus get more of a discount)....in other words I would say, Hey look I have an 8 day pass on Reservation #1, which will slide right into #2.

Your thoughts? (and I hope I explained this properly!) Thanks so much!:crazy2:

Can I do this...
I'm arriving on a Sunday at a discounted rate at YC I have the reservations (deeply discounted) through the following Monday (8 nights). This will be for two of us.

However, starting that next Thursday, I have another room booked at YC for 4 nights with Free Dining (it was a bounceback)....at a fantastic rate for 5 people)(and I was going to cancel the last four nights on my discouonted room) . Now, I don't think that my kids will be joining us, so just me and hubby.

In all reality it makes sense for me to cancel the free dining room room which was $3000 and now would be $2000. But $2000 is a high price for two people for 4 nights. ($3000 for 5 people for 4 nights with FD is a bargain).

But....my question. If I buy an 8 day pass on the discounted room, would WDW let me slide and not buy the 2 day pass with the FD room (and thus get more of a discount)....in other words I would say, Hey look I have an 8 day pass on Reservation #1, which will slide right into #2.

Your thoughts? (and I hope I explained this properly!) Thanks so much!:crazy2:

No. You have to have a 2 day ticket on the FD room. Even ap holders need it.

I just read somewhere that if I have a 10-day pass (actually the poster has an AP)...it said I can just take the 2-day FD ticket and save it to use at a later time, or to apply it toward a "new" Annual Pass. Can someone please offer guidance on that? In other words, if I switch over to the FD room, I'd love to save the 2-day ticket for future use.

I just read somewhere that if I have a 10-day pass (actually the poster has an AP)...it said I can just take the 2-day FD ticket and save it to use at a later time, or to apply it toward a "new" Annual Pass. Can someone please offer guidance on that? In other words, if I switch over to the FD room, I'd love to save the 2-day ticket for future use.
Yes, you can save the 2-day ticket for future use. Folks do that frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter