Magic redo...so what do we think??

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by lodgelady, Apr 27, 2013.

1. lodgelady

lodgelady DIS Veteran

Just watched the video on the Dis YouTube channel which gave the details of the remodel of the Disney Magic. I noticed that the Eisner era Chiluli (sp) glass chandelier seemed to be gone from the lobby.
    Overall a cleaner, more stream-lined look. The kids areas look much improved. Very nice! Slide looks fun. They did a good job with limited space.
    Concerned, however, that the outside adult (pool and deck) areas may have lost some space. Days of quiet sunning on the Magic may be gone...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MaryJ

MaryJ <font color=660099>Believes in Tag Gremlins, not T

I noticed the chandelier was missing as well. That's the only real disappointment for me. My daughter was an art major in college and I had always hoped we could get on the ship so that she could see it someday, as she was always an admirer of his work.

4. lodgelady

lodgelady DIS Veteran

Wonder where it will go? It is HUGE!

5. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

The current rumor is it's going into the DCL Terminal at port canaveral I think.

6. pdarrah

pdarrah <font color=lime>It's nice to know you are real, t

The port terminal sounds like a wonderful place for it. We can still see it and it may be easier for them to keep it clean! We sailed 5 times on the Magic and only once was the Chihuli clean and sparkly (just a couple weeks after a dry dock). All the other times there was quite a bit of dust on it. I imagine it was pretty much impossible to clean while at sea...