Magic - please explain the importance of the 7th deck "secret" site

seema

Mouseketeer
I have read several threads - but I am not quite clear on the location or the significance of this site.

The location is easy. It's all the way at the aft end of the deck. As you know, it's not really a secret. It's just a small public deck that is not that easy to get to since there's limited stairway access to it. It's nice and quiet since all the action is at other parts of the ship. If you click on the Deck Plans at the top of this page and look at deck 7, you'll see a white space at the Aft end of the ship. On some websites, the white spot is actually marked public deck.

It is a great place to spent outdoors if you don't have a verandah also. We don't cruise with one, but often take advantage of the emptiness of this spot. It is heavenly. We have eaten there, slept there, taken sun there..

Note: There are certain times that the kids clubs do activites on this deck, and people on top can see you looking down, as well as other verandahs on the sides...Just an FYI :goodvibes

mommasita said:
Note: There are certain times that the kids clubs do activites on this deck, and people on top can see you looking down, as well as other verandahs on the sides...Just an FYI :goodvibes

Here is a picture looking down from deck 9. We love Secret Deck 7!! So awesome!!

Deck7.jpg

Very nice picture!

Thank you for pointing out that it's not secret as in private. Remember the thread about embarassing things we've witnessed onboard. This deck has potential. There's probably a post on that thread that involves something on the secret deck. I'll have to check.

The 7th deck "secret deck" is a urban legend to keep new cruisers busy ;) . The photo is an obvious photoshop job :rotfl2: . So do yourself a favor and don't waste your time looking for it. (after all a secrets not a secret if everyone knows about it)

Jean and Bob

Is it the same on both the Magic and the Wonder? I have also heard rumors about a Deck 8 secret verdanah. Does that really exist?

mitsguy2001 said:
Is it the same on both the Magic and the Wonder? I have also heard rumors about a Deck 8 secret verdanah. Does that really exist?
Yes, there is a "secret" verandah on deck 8, but it's much smaller.

mitsguy2001 said:

Yes, It is the same for the Magic and the Wonder. Deck 8 has a very small deck......it is often locked????

The chairs I posted in the picture have changed. They now have the same chairs as Deck 4.....big, puffy, comfy blue chairs. Just Awesome!!

I was on deck 7 in an inside room, so enjoyed this deck alot.

However, did it bother some people that you don't have a view when you lie down on the lounge chairs? I kind of felt claustrophobic, I really wanted to see the ocean but you just see the wall.

Jillpie said:
However, did it bother some people that you don't have a view when you lie down on the lounge chairs? I kind of felt claustrophobic, I really wanted to see the ocean but you just see the wall.

Thats how I felt on my verandah since I had the one right next to secret deck 7 and it was a solid metal wall! You just sit there and look at the wall...we couldn't go out there in the mornings because as soon as secret deck 7 opened and people would go out there thye would always be looking over the wall to see our verandah and say "look how big that verandah is"-its a handcap room so it was extra large...we had 2 reclining chairs, a table and 4 chairs and still plenty of room....but when they craned their necks around they would be looking right into our room so we had to keep the curtains closed most of the time!

seema said:
What does the sign on the door say?

It says:

"This is NOT the secret deck. There is no such place! Going through this door will send any persons going through this door to another dimension never to be seen again!" :rotfl2:

Otimon said:
Seems to me we'll have to come up with another name for the "secret" deck! :lmao:

Like the PhantomsGirl said, it really isn't secret. It is like the back stairs in Topsiders, no one just knows they are there.

For a true secret place is like in Norway in Epcot. How you can enter that small little building next to the ship. Dispite the doors being closed and finding a little museum.

Jillpie said:
I was on deck 7 in an inside room, so enjoyed this deck alot.

Anyone else feel like the above? Aprilgail, thats awful and what a lack of privacy. For such a big verandah, its a shame you couldn't really use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter