Magic of the Baltic cruise add-ons Meets thread

We just got home from the 9 night Greece/Turkey add on. We had an amazing time with Dusty and James. Ship gratuities were not included but we did get the Shutters cd and case of water as pps have said.

We are wait listed for the 6/13 Baltic add on.

We're booked for the June 13/15 ABD and can't wait!! We went on our first ABD last year while in Australia and we absolutely loved it!! My DH and I are travelling with our DDs, who will be 9 and 12.

We are booked on the July 22 Baltic Add-on. We are scheduled for main dining. ABD recommends that we switch to late dining so that we don't miss dinner. I noticed on the trip itinerary that for most days, the all-aboard time is before main dining. We would really prefer main dining and do not want to switch. Does anyone have experience with main dining and cruise Add-ons?

We're booked for the June 13/15 ABD and can't wait!! We went on our first ABD last year while in Australia and we absolutely loved it!! My DH and I are travelling with our DDs, who will be 9 and 12.
I'm not sure which ABD you are doing. Could you be more specific? I'll add you to the correct Meets thread Roll Call if you let me know. By the number of days, it *sounds* like you're doing one of the pre-day "experiences"?

Sayhello

We are booked on the July 22 Baltic Add-on. We are scheduled for main dining. ABD recommends that we switch to late dining so that we don't miss dinner. I noticed on the trip itinerary that for most days, the all-aboard time is before main dining. We would really prefer main dining and do not want to switch. Does anyone have experience with main dining and cruise Add-ons?
Hi, rochmom4. First, I've added you to the Roll Call in the first post on this thread. If you let me know the makeup of your traveling party, I can update your entry!

Secondly, they ask you to have late dining a) in case any of the port days get you back late. I know we did a couple of days on the Med cruise, but your itinerary is different. And b) they've figured it's nice for all the families to eat in the same area at the same time on the same rotation. I'm sure if you insist you want main dining, they won't force you to switch. You may just miss dinner a day or two, and have to go to the buffet or something. And you'll miss the camaraderie of sharing a meal with your fellow ABDers at the end of a very full day. But that's really up to you.

I did the Med Cruise add-on the first year they were offered (the second one ever) and they specifically told me (I asked!) that we would not be seated together for meals. So I got myself signed up to share a table with several folks I met on our cruise Meets thread. They were wonderful people! Then, when I got to the ship, the Guides told me there was a bit of a problem, because I was the only one that didn't get assigned to the ABD tables. I guess they'd changed their minds. I kept my table assignment, and I'm glad I did. While it would have been nice to eat with the rest of the group, I really loved my tablemates, and didn't want to change.

So do whatever works best for you is my motto!

Sayhello

Hi -

I'm on the same July 22nd Baltic cruise and booked the add-on...so it'll be nice to meet you in person!

I also have main dining currently. My kids are ravenous by 6pm (and I'm sure I could hold them off with snacks if we get back late from port excursions)...but I am worried about delaying until 8pm. Plus, I'd like to see the nightly entertainment on board (not sure if we'd miss that if we arrive late from the port excursion, and then have a sit-down late dining).

But I figure its still a year away, and I have time to decide. Its always easier to switch from main to late vs. vice-versa.

I'm not sure which ABD you are doing. Could you be more specific? I'll add you to the correct Meets thread Roll Call if you let me know. By the number of days, it *sounds* like you're doing one of the pre-day "experiences"?

Sayhello

June 13th - Baltic Add-On. Thanks!

Hi -

I'm on the same July 22nd Baltic cruise and booked the add-on...so it'll be nice to meet you in person!

I also have main dining currently. My kids are ravenous by 6pm (and I'm sure I could hold them off with snacks if we get back late from port excursions)...but I am worried about delaying until 8pm. Plus, I'd like to see the nightly entertainment on board (not sure if we'd miss that if we arrive late from the port excursion, and then have a sit-down late dining).

But I figure its still a year away, and I have time to decide. Its always easier to switch from main to late vs. vice-versa.

We tried the 8pm dining with our kids and it was awful. Like yours, they are usually hungry by 6pm. The couldn't last until 9pm, which is when the food started coming out. We ended up having to take them up to the buffet early and then dropping them off at kids club while we ate dinner alone. Which was ok for a couple of nights, but not for 12 days, so we ended up eating at the buffet most nights too.

Our last cruise, we went back to the early dining and everyone was much happier. So, even if we miss out on bonding with our ABDs, we'll be sticking to early dining.

June 13th - Baltic Add-On. Thanks!
Oh! I misread your original post. I thought you wrote June 13 - 15, which isn't long enough for an add-on! But you meant 2015! :) D'oh!

I've added you to the Roll Call in the first post.

Sayhello

We tried the 8pm dining with our kids and it was awful. Like yours, they are usually hungry by 6pm. The couldn't last until 9pm, which is when the food started coming out. We ended up having to take them up to the buffet early and then dropping them off at kids club while we ate dinner alone. Which was ok for a couple of nights, but not for 12 days, so we ended up eating at the buffet most nights too.

Our last cruise, we went back to the early dining and everyone was much happier. So, even if we miss out on bonding with our ABDs, we'll be sticking to early dining.
Honestly? Even as an adult, I found DCL's late dining was way TOO late. We didn't finish eating until well past 10pm every night, and it made it rough going to sleep, especially since my stomach was already upset with me from the ship's motion. I've never done late dining since that cruise.

Sayhello

Too funny all of the strong opinions regarding main or second seating for dining. Put us in the camp of vehemently favoring second seating. We did main dining once, for our Alaska cruise, and absolutely hated it. We felt so rushed to get ready for that early dinner. And our kids seem to have no issue with second seating. My son wasn't even 5 when we took our first Disney cruise, and he did fine with second seating.

A big thank you to everyone for your advice and suggestions. We just got off the Fantasy this past Saturday and my children were hungry by main dining time at 5:45 pm. I think I will keep to main dining for now.

Too funny all of the strong opinions regarding main or second seating for dining. Put us in the camp of vehemently favoring second seating. We did main dining once, for our Alaska cruise, and absolutely hated it. We felt so rushed to get ready for that early dinner. And our kids seem to have no issue with second seating. My son wasn't even 5 when we took our first Disney cruise, and he did fine with second seating.

We are in this camp, too! Main dining feels like the early bird! With the foreign ports, you often get back to the ship pretty late, and we much preferred relaxing for a while, getting cleaned up, ordering a cheese plate or something to hold us over, and then heading to second dining. Much more relaxing and our kids did fine with the later schedule.

We just cleared the wait list for the 6/13/15 add on. My DD's will be 9 and 13 (almost 14) when we sail.

We switched to early dining on our Greece/Turkey add on this year because our kids do better with more sleep.... Well, they've both promised me that if we stay on second seating they will get up for excursions next year without complaining. They feel they missed out by not being with their ABD friends at the second seating...so, we're in the late seating camp this time.

We just cleared the wait list for the 6/13/15 add on. My DD's will be 9 and 13 (almost 14) when we sail.

We switched to early dining on our Greece/Turkey add on this year because our kids do better with more sleep.... Well, they've both promised me that if we stay on second seating they will get up for excursions next year without complaining. They feel they missed out by not being with their ABD friends at the second seating...so, we're in the late seating camp this time.
Cool! :thumbsup2 I'm glad it worked out for you! I've added you to the Roll Call in the first post of this thread.

Sayhello

Congrats on clearing the wait list....I'll see you onboard!!!!!

My family (DH and 10 YO DD) will be joining the pre-cruise ABD on June 10th and the June 13th cruise ABD. This will be our first time for ABD and are really excited. The descriptions are a bit bland so I am happy to hear from previous ABD cruisers of the add ons and surprises…
Randi

See you onboard...My friend Linda (seaulater) and I are doing the Copenhagen pre-cruise Adventure on June 3 before our June 6 Norway cruise...

My first ABD was the Backstage Magic in June 2014 and I am hooked on ABD...one of my guides (Matt) was leaving to be the guide on the Austrailia trip...the Australia ABD sounds like an amazing trip....see you onboard...

Welcome to the June 13/15 ABD group! My DH and I will be traveling with our DD who will be 10 at the time of the cruise! Glad to hear other DDs near her age. We've never done ABD before and have booked the pre-cruise and the cruise ABDs. Anything you can tell me will be much appreciated!

Quick question - do you have time to go to the nightly shows on the ship when doing the add-on? Just curious....

I'm planning on keeping main seating even though I may miss some bonding time with ABD. Similar to my kids, I have a hard time waiting until 9pm to eat and then sleeping on a full stomach. Plus, I'd like to catch some of the shows if possible after dinner. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter