Magic NY To Puerto Rico - Nov 5, 2016

Noticed my passport will not be valid for 6 months at the time of the cruise, so I sent it out for renewal. It is now in the hands of the State Department. Glad I checked now considering the 4 to 6 week turnaround.

Doing my research on the ports, can't decide what to do.

Anyone doing a post stay in San Juan?
Looking for suggestions on places to stay on or close to the beach.
We will have 3 kids with us age 8, 5 & 3

Anyone doing a post stay in San Juan?
Looking for suggestions on places to stay on or close to the beach.
We will have 3 kids with us age 8, 5 & 3

We are! Any of the hotels in Isla Verde are great! We're staying at the Intercontinental San Juan. We've stayed there before and loved it! It's right on the beach, has a beautiful pool area, the rooms are gorgeous and it's right next to El San Juan hotel which has nightly entertainment and live bands in their lobby. We've gone with the kids before and they dance in the lobby and have a blast. They have tables and chairs and loungers to relax in too. And right across the street from these hotels is a little shopping center with an excellent Spanish restaurant great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I forget the name but it's something like "mi casita". It's nothing fancy but the food is great and cheap! There's also a Burger King across the street. We got a room for $200 some months ago. If we could've found anything in El San Juan hotel, we would've definitely taken that but it was more than double so we went with the hotel right next door. Oh, and the pool area of both hotels leads right to the beach. When you're in Puerto Rico, listen for the "coquis" at night! The kids love listening for them and trying to find them. They're little tree frogs that make a unique "song". It sounds like they're saying "co-qui". :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

We are! Any of the hotels in Isla Verde are great! We're staying at the Intercontinental San Juan. We've stayed there before and loved it! It's right on the beach, has a beautiful pool area, the rooms are gorgeous and it's right next to El San Juan hotel which has nightly entertainment and live bands in their lobby. We've gone with the kids before and they dance in the lobby and have a blast. They have tables and chairs and loungers to relax in too. And right across the street from these hotels is a little shopping center with an excellent Spanish restaurant great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I forget the name but it's something like "mi casita". It's nothing fancy but the food is great and cheap! There's also a Burger King across the street. We got a room for $200 some months ago. If we could've found anything in El San Juan hotel, we would've definitely taken that but it was more than double so we went with the hotel right next door. Oh, and the pool area of both hotels leads right to the beach. When you're in Puerto Rico, listen for the "coquis" at night! The kids love listening for them and trying to find them. They're little tree frogs that make a unique "song". It sounds like they're saying "co-qui". :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Noticed my passport will not be valid for 6 months at the time of the cruise, so I sent it out for renewal. It is now in the hands of the State Department. Glad I checked now considering the 4 to 6 week turnaround.

Doing my research on the ports, can't decide what to do.

I have heard this before about "valid for 6 months"..... Can you clarify what this means? Is it 6 months or more remaining on (not within 6 months of expiration) or valid for 6 months or more from the time it is issued?

have heard this before about "valid for 6 months"..... Can you clarify what this means? Is it 6 months or more remaining on (not within 6 months of expiration) or valid for 6 months or more from the time it is issued?

The expiration date of your passport must be at least 6 months in the future when you present it to Passport Control when entering a foreign country. The country you are entering want your passport to be good for six months from the date you enter.

Clear. I'm doing this cruise, then my next cruise is Jan 29th, 2017 on the Magic. My Passport expires July 19th, 2017 which is 5 1/2 months after jan 29th, 2017..
so when I get back from this Nov 5, 2016 cruise I will have to renew by mail. Are my calculations correct??

I reread the requirements on the Disneycruise site (https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/passport-travel-documentation/) and the six month requirement only applies to Disney cruises that touch a European port. The Puerto Rico cruise is odd in that it requires a passport or trusted traveler card since it does not return to the same port. So you just need your passport valid to the end of the cruise. Since it looks like your second cruise is a Caribbean cruise, ignore the six months.

I realize now that I did not have to renew my passport until early next year, since I will be vacationing in Europe.

I reread the requirements on the Disneycruise site (https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/passport-travel-documentation/) and the six month requirement only applies to Disney cruises that touch a European port. The Puerto Rico cruise is odd in that it requires a passport or trusted traveler card since it does not return to the same port. So you just need your passport valid to the end of the cruise. Since it looks like your second cruise is a Caribbean cruise, ignore the six months.

I realize now that I did not have to renew my passport until early next year, since I will be vacationing in Europe.
Thank you, we are cruising out of Miami on a B2B Bahamian, Caribbean cruise and returning to Miami.

The expiration date of your passport must be at least 6 months in the future when you present it to Passport Control when entering a foreign country. The country you are entering want your passport to be good for six months from the date you enter.
Thank you!

Just a heads up. According to the Disney website a passport or trusted traveler card will be required to board this cruise. A birth certificate will not work.

From the Disney website:

Caribbean – One-Way Itineraries

Sailing from: Galveston to San Juan, San Juan to Miami, San Juan to Port Canaveral, New York to San Juan or Miami to San Juan
The following guidelines are based on government regulations, which are subject to change at any time. It is your responsibility to check with your travel agent, government agency, embassy or consulate to ensure that you have all the proper documentation to board the ship and enter each of the countries on the ship's itinerary.

If you're visiting any country other than the U.S., remember to contact the consulate of that country to ensure you have the documentation required to visit. Travelers can visit the U.S. State Department's website. Guests without proper documentation will be denied boarding.

Adults who are not the parent or legal guardian of a minor traveling with them must present a Minor Authorization Form signed by the child’s parent(s) or legal guardian.

Required Documents for U.S. Citizens
All Guests claiming U.S. citizenship, including children, must provide:

• A valid U.S. Passport
  • A valid U.S. Passport Card
  • A valid Trusted Traveler Card (NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
Photocopies of passports are not acceptable.

Guests disembarking in a foreign port and not returning to the ship should be sure that they meet all of the documentation and entry requirements of that country. In addition, they may be assessed a fine or penalty according to local or national regulations.

U.S. citizens traveling by air to the United States must present a valid passport.

Anyone have any clue on what the different dining rotations will be? I'm guessing it will be two times at each restaurant. I wish we knew more information on the cruise itinerary so we could plan things like Palo brunch or dinners, etc. It's hard to find any info online because this isn't a usual itinerary. If anyone has any tips on Disney cruise planning, please share! :) I know I don't want to miss Pirate night so thanks to whoever posted that it will be on Monday! Did you just call Disney to find out?

Online check in, etc, is Monday! We also choose arrival time, right? I assume I'll want the earliest I can get, right...?

Yes you can pick your arrival time, book Palo/Remy dining, excursions, spa, and nursery times.

Does anyone know what time the check in opens up on Monday? I work the overnight shift and will be working Sunday night so I'm curious if it's midnight or something like 6 or 7am. :) Thanks!

Online check in begins at midnight. The first arrival time is a couple of hours before boarding time and the NY port is not as interesting as the Cape Canaveral one, so the earliest arrival time may not be ideal depending on your ability to entertain yourself. I do remember there was a little character interaction when it got close to boardING time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter