Magic Must-Do's

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by SparklesofHope, Dec 18, 2012.

1. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

In the navigator

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Luv2Diz

Luv2Diz We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

This tour is offered several times throughout the cruise. Just check the Navigator for the time and place to meet. On both our Wonder and Magic cruises, the meeting place was Palo. We enjoyed both tours!

4. disprincess4ever

disprincess4ever DIS Veteran

I'm so curious now, what's the special reason that Disney is the only cruise line allowed to have fireworks.

5. cruisecrasher

We were told technically they filed paperwork and are a very small navy. Because they are a navy they can have explosives on board.

6. gusdmh

gusdmh Mouseketeer

Speaking for myself, it was the tequila and martini tasting seminars (for $/pp per seminar). There were beer, wine, & whiskey seminars also. [FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]:faint:
    [/FONT]

7. goeva

goeva DIS Veteran

How interesting. Thanks for sharing.

8. SnowWhite2

SnowWhite2 DIS Veteran

Ooh, never heard about the fireworks story on any of our Art of the Theme tours. Can't wait to do the tour on the Fantasy in 1 1/2 weeks!

I know this sounds weird but....check out the bathrooms outside Diversions and the bathrooms outside of Palo. Both are very unique.

9. lindylou2_2002

lindylou2_2002 Mouseketeer

We were on the same 2 Cruises as Bats and can second the reccommendation for the tour company she used. Think there were about 5 or 6 minivans and everything went like clockwork.

The DCL excursians are very expensive but you do have the peace of mind that the ship wont leave with out you. But for places From Ville France the train was very convinient and didnt involve us being off the boat for a huge amount of time.

We did have to tender For Ville France and I think one other port but think Naples and Roma were walk of the ship no tender.

I would suggest joining the cruise meet up post for your cruise and maybe hook your children up with some monitored emails from age approprate children also travelling on your cruise. It is a great way to ease them in to it especially as they have never cruised before as the kids clubs are great but can be a bit daunting at first.

Let the children order from room service is great fun but make sure you have some bills to tip room service with. They can order hot food and that inclued in the cost, but if they order bagged chips or candy or anything like that it will be added to your room bill. My girls loved ordering from room service it made them feel very grown up.

We love the Magic and it is the only ship we have been on so far. Wouldnt bother with the rain forest room pass as that area of the ship is a bit tired and dated. (ship is going in for a referb at the end of the med season, and it places it shows) but dont worry, it is just that she is in constant use but thousands of people with not much dry dock action in 14 years only every couple of years or so, although the last time she went in was 2010 I think as it was right after our 1st cruise.
    As Bats says anything you want to know about the european cruise that we can help you with im another one you are better pming as I dont come over here as much as I used to.

Bring a small pirate costume for the kids for pirate night the costumes on board are excessive, and you can bring some bits with you even transatlantic and it shouldnt take up much room. :) we did it this year on our new york cruise.

When you get on the ship make sure you have packed your bathers in your hand luggage so the kids can go in the pool straight away. Else you have to wait for your luggage to be brought to your room.

10. SparklesofHope

SparklesofHope Earning My Ears

Thank you for posting! I was just thinking about pirate costumes today. My kids don't like to dress up much, but I think it would be fun for pirate night. I'll have to convince DH to dress up too...pirate:

11. goofs

goofs Earning My Ears

We're going on the 1st june :) Very excited, we are going with my DD 12 and wondered how I would be able to let her chat to others of similar age prior to cruise so she would 'no' people on there? I hope that makes sense! :)

12. Fabooliss

Fabooliss DIS Veteran

Have a look at the cruise meets boards there will be one
    just for your cruise you should be able to find kids her age to chat with there.

13. goofs

goofs Earning My Ears

Great advice, thanks :)

14. Brooksmakingmemories

Brooksmakingmemories Earning My Ears

That is such a neat fact, I'll have to share with my husband. He loves trivia! Thanks!

15. Brooksmakingmemories

Brooksmakingmemories Earning My Ears

New to these boards! Didn't realize until after it appeared I didn't "quote" what I found so interesting! I enjoyed the fireworks trivia!

16. cruisecrasher

I thought it was neat. Start asking castmembers questions and you never know what you'll learn.