Magic Morning, Early Entry....

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
Whatever you want to call it! I was at Disneyland last week with DH, our two DD's, SIL and three nephews. We had three day park hoppers and stayed at the Howard Johnson. We showed up to get in early one morning to California Adventure only to be told that ONLY guests of the resort hotels were allowed in early. We were fine with that, then just turned around and got a good place in line for DL. But when I went two years ago, I could have sworn people with a three day or more park hopper who stayed offsite had a choice of ONE early entry into either DL or DCA. Did that change recently or has it always been like this? Because when I went two years ago and stayed at Howard Johnson, I got in early one morning at DCA. :confused3

As far as I know only On-site Hotel Guest have the perk of getting into DCA one hour early.
People Off-site with a ticket three days or more are entitled to one time getting in early to Disneyland.

As far as I know only On-site Hotel Guest have the perk of getting into DCA one hour early.
People Off-site with a ticket three days or more are entitled to one time getting in early to Disneyland.

I guess if it's always been that way then the person who scanned my ticket two years ago just didn't care. :o

Geemo is right. It has only ever been a perk for onsite guests. If you happened to get in for EMH than you were just extremely lucky that the CM didn't ask for a room key.
There have been some AP only times where they got the park to themselves.

The only other time there was early entry to DCA for guests not staying on site was summer 3 (maybe 4) years ago for AP holders. And that was a ONE TIME thing. You had to sign up in advance to get one of the limited spots.

Interesting. My sister also remembers having the choice of early entry to DCA a few years ago. She was surprised our magic morning had to be at DL. I wonder if they just weren't as clear in their advertising then so didn't enforce the policy as strictly or what.

After DCA 2.0 opened it was so popular that they did EE every day of the week in addition to DL on the regular MM days for about 2 months. I believe that they allowed ticket holders access. They allowed it for APs for a few weeks too.

In the past Yes after DCA opened up again (I don't remember if it was right after cars land or not?) but we were able to get in to dca. I think it was only for one year but Yes it did happen. Now they don't allow it for some weird reason. So you are right to remember it happening.

We stayed at DLH and when we went to DCA early morning they never asked proof of staying in the hotel. Are they supposed to? I wondered what kept everyone from getting in.

Yes right after Cars Land opened 2 years ago MM was was open to all, not just hotel guests. We went that year :-)

I guess if it's always been that way then the person who scanned my ticket two years ago just didn't care. :o
There are a few CMs who have been there a while. I won't name them because they would definitely get in trouble. But they will let just about anyone in early. I was surprised on one visit when my son and I happened to get there early. I went up to a CM just to ask a question about where regular entry lines would be and she let us in. It was great, but this was an exception, not the rule.

We stayed at DLH and when we went to DCA early morning they never asked proof of staying in the hotel. Are they supposed to? I wondered what kept everyone from getting in.

In 2013 when we stayed onsite, they never checked and anyone could have gotten in. This year, however, they are really cracking down. I've seen many guests get turned away because they didn't have their onsite proof, including some who I'm pretty sure were onsite guests who had forgotten their key cards because I saw them walk back about 45 minutes later with their keys. So, don't forget your key card and don't expect to get in if you don't have one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter